TMS 6.0.0 - bugs and comments

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
fulbrich
AV Hardware:HP MediaSmart ex470
TMS 6.0.0 - bugs and comments

Post by fulbrich » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi,
I downloads and tested the official (?) release of TMS 6.0.0

a) I am very happy, that I can continue with my v5 licensing key on v6.
Thanks a lot ! !

b) FLASH Player not complete.
I installed TMS 6.0.0. on Windows XP Prof SP3 english and found that some files for the flash player seems to missing.
There are no icons on the buttons.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The filestructure look like this .

C:\Program Files\TwonkyMedia\resources\remote\
themes\
green (directory is empty)
blue (directory is empty)
purple (directory is empty)

styles (directory is empty)
For me it looks like that there are some files mising in the setup.
Did it work in a specialRC or beta Version before ... maybe I could copy it over

Best regards,

Frank

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Re: TMS 6.0.0 - bugs and comments

Post by mgillespie » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:47 pm

Can't try out 6.0 final yet, no links for NAS builds yet :-(

I did see a problem in the betas, where the flash interface did not initialise fully if you were only sharing videos. I added a couple of music tracks and it then worked. Could this be your problem?
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

fulbrich

Post by fulbrich » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:11 pm

mgillespie wrote: I added a couple of music tracks and it then worked. Could this be your problem?
Hi mgillespie,
thanks a lot for your quick answer. Well, I published only one audio album which consists some CDs to test the album view, which is broken in version 5. The icons on the buttons for PLAY, FORWARD etc. are missing. The color of the flash interface is white ... I have this on 2 testinstallations. I guess it is a bug. You have to be sure that no files from an older twonky installation is already on your computer.
Best regards,
Frank

jtrevill
AV Hardware:Dlink DNS-343
Dlink DGS-2208 Gigabit Router
XBox 360
Windows SBS

Post by jtrevill » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:13 am

Prior to using 6.0.0, I was able to successfully attach artwork to WMV files which would display on my XBOX 360. However, after upgrading to 6.0.0, the artwork no longer shows up. Is this a bug, or are there plans on getting that function back?

Thanks!

EDIT - Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread, I just saw the title and thought it was a general post for bugs :mrgreen:

fulbrich

Post by fulbrich » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:54 pm

You didn't hijack my thread. I am interested in problems ... before I install on my live-system. :-)

MartinS
AV Hardware:Buffalo LinkStation Pro (V2, 3TB [2TB], TMS 6.0.38)
Buffalo LinkStation Pro (V2, 1TB, TMS 6.0.38)
Buffalo LinkStation Live (2TB, TMS 6.0.38)
Cisco Linksys WRT610N (DD-WRT build 18024)
Philips 52PFL9704H
WD HD TV Live (1.6.15)
Philips NP2900
Noxon iRadio
HTC Sensation (CoreDroid 2.7 [Android 2.3.4], TM 2.1.2)
HTC Desire HD (Stock ROM [Android 2.3.3], TM 2.1.2)
Apple iPad2 (64GB, 3G, iOS 5.0.1, TM 2.1.2)

Post by MartinS » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:04 pm

Installed 6.0 (Jun 6 2010 p0) on my Linkstation Pro and same problem as with 5.1.5 and 6.0 RC4 - MKV files are not listed in my database (this was working in 5.1.3-dev). Additionally /mnt/disk1/twonky/resources/remote/themes/default/defaultStyles.swf was not automatically copied; after copying from extracted zip files directory flash browser was working.

Will go back to 5.1.3-dev until MKV issue is finally solved because many Full HD files come as MKV - and Full HD really looks better on my 52" TV ;-)

Cheers,

Martin

P.S.: Version 6.0.0 is great though, just those "simple" issues which let me go back :-(

P.P.S.: Version 6.0.1 (p40) finally runs perfectly on my Linkstation Pro - even 8GB MKV files are streamed.
Last edited by MartinS on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeeBee
AV Hardware:Buffalo LS Pro; PS3; Samsung LE37B650

Post by PeeBee » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:04 am

MartinS wrote:Additionally /mnt/disk1/twonky/resources/remote/themes/default/defaultStyles.swf was not automatically copied; after copying from extracted zip files directory flash browser was working.
I reported the same in the 6.0RC4 thread. You can modify the nas-installer file before installing to get the path right - it currently doesn't look in the right folder for the files.

PB
Samsung LE37B650T2WXXU; Liteon 5055GDL+ HDD/DVD Recorder; Playstation 3; Iomega Screenplay HD 500GB; Buffalo Linkstation Pro LS-320GL (running Twonky 6.0.30, SqueezeBox Server 7.6 and acting as a Print Server)

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:13 am

mgillespie wrote:Can't try out 6.0 final yet, no links for NAS builds yet :-(
In case you haven't noticed yet, the TwonkyServer 6.0 download page for NAS devices was just posted yesterday :D
http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/6.0/

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

josch.hh
AV Hardware:Twonky Server 5.1.12
Phillips NP2500
Samsung TV LE32B679

Post by josch.hh » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:37 pm

Final 6.0 has still the bug that there are no album arts from "folder.jpg" files in the webinterface (HTML or FLASH) or my Phillips NP2500!
This worked fine on 5.1.2 - the latest stable version for me.
-MEDIATOMB- running on Ubuntu 10.10 with Kernel 2.6.35
Client 1: Phillips NP2500
Client 2: Samsung TV LE32B679

roz99
AV Hardware:Linux 32-bit Twonky Server 6.0 (SuSE 11.2)
Linux 32-bit Twonky Server 4.4.11 (QNAP TS 209)
UPnP-Client: Xtreamer (Netgear EVA 200)

Bug in TMS 6.0.0 when rendering jpg image files

Post by roz99 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:51 pm

Hi,

I installed TMS 6.0.0 on a SuSE Linux 11.2 server, and found the following bug: when rendering certain jpg-images on both, an xtreamer client or a Pinnacle Show Center 200:
certain pictures are rendered correctly on both devices; others are not rendered at all on the xtreamer client, respectively are rendered very tiny on the SC 200. although all pictures show up in the directory lists of the client. I couldn't figure out, what causes this malbehavior : it does not seem to be related to the picture size. Both clients displayed all jpg images correctly with a 4.4.18 TMS.
Has anybody else encountered such a strange behavior on 6.0.0 or knows a remedy ?

Regards

Robert

saltandpepper
AV Hardware:NP2900
NP2500
MusicPal
eeeBox as server

TMS 6.0 and WIN 7

Post by saltandpepper » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:56 am

Since I upgraded to TMS 6.0 WIN 7, the Twonkyserver crashes and restarts every minute even if the directory is empty.
I reinstalled TMS 6.0 twice, but still same behavior.
I never had any problem with 5.x version (why did I upgrade?...usual story)...
Please also note that on the PC (eeeBox) running 7, nothing else is installed (no other applications are running), only Twonkyserver and the Windows' firewall.
Does anyone have a positive experience with TMS 6.0 and WIN 7?
I would revert back to 5.x if I knew where to find it?

(and..TMS 6.0 works fine on my Vista machine, seems it is a 7 related issue)

UPDATE:
I deleted everything manually and this time I downloaded the latest TMM which contains TMS 6.0 and that works fine, it does no longer crash. So, I am fine.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Re: TMS 6.0 and WIN 7

Post by mgillespie » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:58 pm

saltandpepper wrote: Does anyone have a positive experience with TMS 6.0 and WIN 7?
No problems here at all. However I always delete the metadata/database and let it re-create it between major version numbers. (I don't always bother in small number upgrades, unless I have problems)
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

jdkidd34
AV Hardware:Maxtor Shared Storage II
D-Link DSM-520 media lounge
All Wired Ethernet network
Cisco WRT610N router

Post by jdkidd34 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Been a Twonky server user for past several years, running on Maxtor Shared Storage II NAS, have followed this forum as well, however, this is my first post with feedback. Had been running 4.4.18 for a long time, no issues, worked perfectly for my needs. I use Twonky almost exclusively for music streaming to my D-Link DSM-520, occasionally viewing photos or video. Music libraray (iTunes) is about 12000 files.

After upgrading to TMS 6.0, purchasing a new license, and licensing, here is what I've experienced. Anytime I reboot my NAS, the TMS config goes back to complete default settings. Config comes up as un-registered, with all default settings for sharing. If I re-enter my registration code, and reconfigure to my preferences of shared folders, etc.., things are fine, until the server has crashed at least 3 times already. Doesn't seem to be any ryhme or reason to the crashes. But that then requires either a server restart or NAS reboot, and then it's back to default.

Other issue i've noticed when it's actually running, is that it occasionally chops off an mp3 file in the middle and begins playing next song. Haven't investigated this yet, possible it could be just a couple of bad files I have, but I doubt it, since didn't have that issue under 4.4.18.

Stewart Gilray
AV Hardware:PS3

Post by Stewart Gilray » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:52 pm

[quote]Been a Twonky server user for past several years, running on Maxtor Shared Storage II NAS, have followed this forum as well, however, this is my first post with feedback. Had been running 4.4.18 for a long time, no issues, worked perfectly for my needs. I use Twonky almost exclusively for music streaming to my D-Link DSM-520, occasionally viewing photos or video. Music libraray (iTunes) is about 12000 files.

After upgrading to TMS 6.0, purchasing a new license, and licensing, here is what I've experienced. Anytime I reboot my NAS, the TMS config goes back to complete default settings. Config comes up as un-registered, with all default settings for sharing. If I re-enter my registration code, and reconfigure to my preferences of shared folders, etc.., things are fine, until the server has crashed at least 3 times already. Doesn't seem to be any ryhme or reason to the crashes. But that then requires either a server restart or NAS reboot, and then it's back to default.

Other issue i've noticed when it's actually running, is that it occasionally chops off an mp3 file in the middle and begins playing next song. Haven't investigated this yet, possible it could be just a couple of bad files I have, but I doubt it, since didn't have that issue under 4.4.18.[/quote]

I'm having the same problem with 6 on my MyBook W.E. 1TB But with another side affect...

I share "By Folder" however since re-adding my content folders (due to the issues described above) I have the problem that I know get something like the following on my PS3 (Actually on everything I view the media server with)

\hares\internal\music

Where "hares" is actually "shares" folder on my NAS box, however under 4.4.x it always just linked DIRECTLY to the folder IE "music" or "video"

For some reason I'm having to go through these extra folders?!?

Stewart Gilray

Post by Stewart Gilray » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:58 pm

Ok my issues with unusual share paths has now gone away, however i'm still experiencing the problem of not being able restart without losing all settings...

mgillespie
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:39 pm

Sounds like your NAS may be wiping the /var partition on reboot (some nas devices are configured this way some some bizzare reason) This is where Twonky stores it's settings by default. I don't know much about this particular nas, this question may be better asked in the dlink specific forum.

If you can telnet in, you might want to try adding a -appdata /mypersistentdir switch to the startup script to relocate the database somewhere persistent that does not get wiped on reboot.

Stewart Gilray

Post by Stewart Gilray » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:47 pm

[quote="mgillespie"]Sounds like your NAS may be wiping the /var partition on reboot (some nas devices are configured this way some some bizzare reason) This is where Twonky stores it's settings by default. I don't know much about this particular nas, this question may be better asked in the dlink specific forum.

If you can telnet in, you might want to try adding a [b]-appdata /mypersistentdir[/b] switch to the startup script to relocate the database somewhere persistent that does not get wiped on reboot.[/quote]

Interesting.

Like I said it works perfectly with 4.x.x but not with 5 onwards.

Mybook is a western digital, not a dlink ;)

jtrevill
AV Hardware:Dlink DNS-343
Dlink DGS-2208 Gigabit Router
XBox 360
Windows SBS

Post by jtrevill » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:50 am

Is anyone else experiencing the "Rescan Content Directories" option not doing anything? I used to be able to click it and rescan after I had uploaded new movies and have it pick them up almost immeidately. Now, I have to rebuild the database to get them to show up. If I leave it sit for a while, they will eventually show up, however, I used to be able to get them immediately using the "Rescan" option.

Briain
AV Hardware:Linn Klimax DS
Linn Majik DS-I
Linn Sneaky DS
WDTV Live Hib
Sonos 80

Post by Briain » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:48 am

Hi

The last version where I had rescan working was 5.1.3; it doesn't seem to work in 5.1.4, 5.1.5 or 5.1.6. I thought it had been fixed in Twonky 6.0 though (I briefly tested Twonky 6 and rescan seemed to work).

I'm currently using 5.1.6 and find that if I restart Twonky, it automatically rescans the content but does not pickup anything new either. Curiously, after a Twonky restart (and the automatic rescan has then finished) I can then hit the rescan button and it does work; most odd! Maybe that's what happened with Twonky 6? I didn't try rescanning a second time and maybe I'd have had to restart Twonky to get a subsequent rescan to pick additional new media up.

The problem with 5.1.6 looked like the manually triggered rescan simply wasn't starting. After a Twonky restart, I could then hit the button and see the paths change in the server stats page. Adding more media again and the same thing happened; again a restart then manual rescan enabled it to work; maybe 6 is the same?

Bri

snipehunt
AV Hardware:Twonky 4.4.1.8
Windows Vista
Linksys WMB11
Xbox360

Post by snipehunt » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:23 am

I upgraded to Server 6 and ran into the following issue:
The Linksys device (WML11B) I'm using to stream doesn't play playlists or folders. I can only play a single song at a time.

This also happened with 5.x

I've been at 4.4.1.8 because of this issue.

Weezel
AV Hardware:Xbox 360

Post by Weezel » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:58 pm

[quote="jtrevill"]Prior to using 6.0.0, I was able to successfully attach artwork to WMV files which would display on my XBOX 360. However, after upgrading to 6.0.0, the artwork no longer shows up. Is this a bug, or are there plans on getting that function back?

Thanks!

EDIT - Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread, I just saw the title and thought it was a general post for bugs :mrgreen:[/quote]

It's not just wmv files. It also stopped displaying artwork for my mp4 files. That's a real shame since my kids use it to help navigate which movie they want to watch.