TwonkyServer on unRAID

Other OS or NAS discussions
EdgarWallace
TwonkyServer on unRAID

Post by EdgarWallace » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:26 pm

Hi,

I´m new here and I do have a couple of questions after installing TwonkyServer V6 on unRAID 4.5.4.

I installed according to the the unRAID description:
1. Download the Linux x86 (manual install) file
2. Unzip
3. Copy all files (keeping the directory structure) onto the flashdrive (/tower/flash/twonkyvision)
4. In the end of the GO script on the flash,\\Tower\flash\config, add the line: /boot/twonkymedia/twonkymedia
5. Reboot the server / or telnet and issue the command: /boot/twonkymedia/twonkymedia

Because is starting from a USB device you need to make sure that all modifications are being saved on this device.
This is the respective line in the go script.
/boot/twonkymedia/twonkymedia -inifile /boot/twonkymedia/twonkymedia-server.ini

However, some of the customizations are not being saved e.g. the players in the devices section.

So I was asking myself if I made all required modifications to the twonkymedia-server.ini file and if there are more files to customize.

Where can I post twonkymedia-server.ini, twonkymediamedia-statistics-2010-06-16.log, TwonkyMediaServer-log.txt?

I think that is needed for someone not being a Linus noob like me :oops:

EdgarWallace

Re: TwonkyServer on unRAID

Post by EdgarWallace » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:10 pm

I was able to answer a couple of questions myself and have installed V6.0.1 in the meantime.

However, TMS is still forgetting the devices after each reboot. Normal or not?

Secondly it´s not planing any WAV music file or any video (mkv, mp4) wit the PlugPlayer on my iPhone.

Any ideas?

EdgarWallace

Re: TwonkyServer on unRAID

Post by EdgarWallace » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:14 am

Is there ANY of the developers looking into the forum?? It´s annoying that the issues are not being solved.

Some more information regards the WAV issue: WAV files are only visible via web media browser (flash version, NOT the HTML) and only in the Interpret/Album tab. If I look into any other tab (Album etc.) it will not show any of the directories with WAV file format content.

The WAV files can be played in the flash version of the media browser (Firefox 3.6.3 and Win XP), On the Mac it will not play at all.

Also the PlugPlayer 3.3.1 on my iPhone isn´t showing any of the WAV files. What is wrong?