AVI Tags Recognition

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
GregiBoy
AV Hardware:Zensonic Z500 x 2, Ziova CS-505, D-Link DSM-320, iPaq RX3715, TwonkyVision 4.4.3 Windows XP, TVersity
AVI Tags Recognition

Post by GregiBoy » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:53 am

Is there any way to get Twonky to recognise tags within an AVI file for example IGEN = Genre & IART = Artist ????

I have used abcAVI Tag Editor to do the tagging and the tags are reported within the files by both GSpot and MediaInfo.

AVI's tagged like this have the tags recognised within the Windows Media Player library.

GregiBoy
AV Hardware:Zensonic Z500 x 2, Ziova CS-505, D-Link DSM-320, iPaq RX3715, TwonkyVision 4.4.3 Windows XP, TVersity

Post by GregiBoy » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:27 pm

I just tested this with that POS TVersity and it is using the AVI Tags when specified for navigation generation.

So it is certainly possible.

edrikk

Re: AVI Tags Recognition

Post by edrikk » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:43 pm

GregiBoy wrote:Is there any way to get Twonky to recognise tags within an AVI file for example IGEN = Genre & IART = Artist ????

I have used abcAVI Tag Editor to do the tagging and the tags are reported within the files by both GSpot and MediaInfo.

AVI's tagged like this have the tags recognised within the Windows Media Player library.

This would definitely be a welcome addition to Twonky (for items I don't want to encode as MP4 for whatever reason).

I just wish you could add album art to AVI's tags... Tagging is one area where MP4s are much better.

snugpants
AV Hardware:MyBook World Edition

Re: AVI Tags Recognition

Post by snugpants » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:09 pm

I'm using version 5.1.4-1 streaming to an XBox 360. I've used abcAVI to tag an .avi file but it shows as "Unknown" genre and the year is reported to be the year I created the file. Is this a known issue? Am I missing something?