Push functionality for mac

everything about MacOS
Xylocain
AV Hardware:Philips HTS9540
Push functionality for mac

Post by Xylocain » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:06 pm

Hi,

I wonder if you have a time frame for when you will have something like a push function for Mac (like Twonky manager). Without it twonky is pretty useless for for instance playing music.

I also have a question: when will you add support for Philips HTS9540 in twonky manager?

thank you

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Push functionality for mac

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:20 pm

We are planning to release TwonkyManager on Mac next year.

When you say you want to add support for the Philips HTS9540. What do you mean? If it's a UPnP or DLNA-certified device you should be able to pull music from TwonkyManager/Server today. It won't appear in the Play Here section, because it's not a renderer. Not sure if Philips plans to add support for that later.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

Xylocain
AV Hardware:Philips HTS9540

Re: Push functionality for mac

Post by Xylocain » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:53 am

Thanks for your reply.

The support question is because I can't seem to find the HTS9540 in my twonky manager (PC) så I can't push playlists or movies.

(I'm under the impression that I should be able to drag and drop media content in twonky manager to my stereo, and have it played)