TwonkyServer 6.0.30 is Now Available!

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.
TwonkyServer 6.0.30 is Now Available!

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:08 am

UPDATE

We're pleased to announce that server 6.0.31-RC6 is now available in the Beta section. Although it's still a Release Candidate, it will probably go final in the next week or two.

You can download it here:
http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/6.0.31-RC6

You can read about it in the Beta section
http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 277#p33998

Because this build replaces 6.0.30, I'm locking this thread so everyone is encouraged to post any issues that were not fixed in the Beta section.
http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 277#p33998

- Rick

----------------------------------------------------------------

You can download TwonkyServer 6.0.30 for all platforms (including NAS) here:
http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/6.0.30/

Release Notes for TMS 6.0.30
--------------------------------------

Changes
o added "Nokia Home Music" to clients.db
o On language change a database rebuild is no longer necessary
o Added mobile view to selectable views
o Renamed "simple default navigation" to "classic media navigation"
o Renamed "advanced default navigation" to "advanced media navigation"
o INI file can now accept mobile and folder view as default setting

Bug Fixes
-fixed: LPCM files are not working on PS3
-fixed: Duplicate content is displayed on enabling Aggregation.
-fixed: Reposition forward and backward is not working in case of WMA file on NETGEAR MP101
-fixed: Toshiba REGZA TV Cannot Play Any JPEG Contents except for JPEG_SM
-fixed: Thumnail view for gif files are not displayed while pulling the content from the server using WDTV live
-fixed: Sony Bravia Photos : Update 'protocolinfo' for JPEG_TN content.
-fixed: Json feed has broken links and thumbnails for online items
-fixed: Cleanup of navigation tree does not always work as expected
-fixed: Manual Rescan not working when scantime set to '0'
-fixed: Thumbnail view of JPEG files are not available on Samsung TV
-fixed: Pause/Resume is not working on Regza
-fixed: TwonkyServer reduces the resolution of some photos displayed on Denon receivers
-fixed: TwonkyServer can handle only 128 simultaneous CreateObject actions, which turned out to be too little
-fixed: Failure to find embedded albumart for a MP3 file with id3 v2.4.0 metadata (v2.3.0 works)
-fixed: Improve subtitle support for Samsung TVs
-fixed: Content name is not displayed properly if we use underscore in Wav files.
-fixed: Failure to send albumart for a MP3 file with embedded BMP
-fixed: Send default album art as fallback if embedded or external album art can not be sent
-fixed: Maxitems configuration property is ignored in some setups
-fixed: Add support for embedded albumart in MP3 files using id3 v2.4.0 metadata
-fixed: Pause/Resume is not working on Regza
-fixed: Several problems with duplicate detection

Known Issues in 6.0.30
- Twonky ignores the sort criteria upon search if the search is including several sub-folders. Sorting works if search is invoked on a container that only contains items.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

PeeBee
AV Hardware:Buffalo LS Pro; PS3; Samsung LE37B650

Re: TwonkyServer 6.0.30 is Now Available!

Post by PeeBee » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:18 am

Hi Rick

Many thanks for the work you've been doing in the background to make this build available to all users, including those with a NAS of whatever description.

PB
Samsung LE37B650T2WXXU; Liteon 5055GDL+ HDD/DVD Recorder; Playstation 3; Iomega Screenplay HD 500GB; Buffalo Linkstation Pro LS-320GL (running Twonky 6.0.30, SqueezeBox Server 7.6 and acting as a Print Server)

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:36 am

Glad I could help. Sorry this took so long. Everyone is really busy right now.

- Rick

floriske.nl
AV Hardware:CH3SNAS, Samsung LE40C650, XBOX 360

Post by floriske.nl » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi Rick,

Good news! I hope this version fixes my problems of Samsung TV not displaying large jpg's and will try soon.

Edit: Does this version on DNS-323 still need the symbolic link or ini change due to filling up the filesystem root? I did this just as a precaution, but wonder if it's still needed.

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:57 pm

I will check with the developers and post the answer to your question here as soon as I get it.

- Rick

morpheus2n2
AV Hardware:PS3, 360

Post by morpheus2n2 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:24 pm

Still no Youtube username fix I see!!! This was promised 2 releases ago

WPtE
AV Hardware:Asus WL-500W - 1.9.2.7-d Oleg FW - Twonky server 4.1
Asus RT-N16 - 1.9.2.7-rtn Oleg FW - Twonky server 6.0.1 aplha
Conceptronic C54WMP upnp/dlna multimedia player
Asus O!Play air

Post by WPtE » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:44 pm

morpheus2n2 wrote:Still no Youtube username fix I see!!! This was promised 2 releases ago
nope, doesn't work for me either

Good thing is, a fix I'm really happy with: album art in tags :D
I already used a tool to automatically find album art, and save it as "folder.jpg". But now the tag support is here almoast every single song has art :D

Wires
AV Hardware:PS3

Post by Wires » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:12 am

Still a memory leak in this version.

My normal cache is around 100M. After 22hours it spiked to 1200M with no changes in shares, etc.

wullux
AV Hardware:Qnap TS-119
Onkyo TX

TwonkyServer 6.0.30 and FLAC

Post by wullux » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:51 am

Hi,
streaming of FLAC-files to my onkyo tx-nr807 (dlna compatible) works fine, execpt that the pause, rewind and fast forward buttons do not work! Hope there is a solution possible :idea:

Thank you very much!

floriske.nl
AV Hardware:CH3SNAS, Samsung LE40C650, XBOX 360

Post by floriske.nl » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:25 pm

TMM_Product_Manager wrote:I will check with the developers and post the answer to your question here as soon as I get it.

- Rick
Thanks a lot!

It works with the above tweaks, but I was wondering if it was fixed since it seems to be a common CH3SNAS/DNS-323 problem.

Fyi: the problem with not showing large jpgs on my Samsung tv seems to be gone with 6.0.30

KamikaZee
AV Hardware:Samsung UE40C6000
Linkstation Pro XHL

Post by KamikaZee » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:21 pm

Awesome! Finally updated NAS build and hence working mkvs on samsung TVs! I also noticed that for me skipping ahead in movie files works waaaaaaaaaay better, did anything change there? What I mean is that on 6.0.23, high bitrate movies would rebuffer when skipping ahead, now they're butter smooth.

Thanks for the job, now I don't regret buying twonky :P Was getting frustrating with the delay of the NAS build...
Any chance that multiple audio/subtitle streams can be implemented from twonky's side (for samsung TVs that is)?
Or would that require samsung to actually implement it on their sets?

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:29 pm

morpheus2n2 wrote:Still no Youtube username fix I see!!! This was promised 2 releases ago
I just asked about this last week and was told they didn't forget about this. Work on this should start soon.

The good news is, you won't need to download a software update for this to work.

Sorry about the delays. I know this is frustrating.

- Rick

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:31 pm

Wires wrote:Still a memory leak in this version.

My normal cache is around 100M. After 22hours it spiked to 1200M with no changes in shares, etc.
Thanks for reporting this. I'll pass this info on to the engineers.

- Rick

awx
AV Hardware:Noxon Audio Clients

Post by awx » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:56 am

hi!
i have upgraded from 4.4.18 to version 6.0.30
i the new version, there is one "feature" that i don't quite understand:
my audio files are completely unsorted in "directory" view! that makes this version almost completely useless for me, because i have a very(!) large music library (with lots of compilations in it), that's why "directory" view is the only possible view for me.
why aren't the files sorted either according to their name (01.track.mp3, 02.track.mp3, 03.track.mp3),
or to their ID3 track (tracknum) information?
the old version did this perfectly ... but it did not stream mkv to my samsung tv :-(
can you please take a look at this?
regards
awx

welverin
AV Hardware:Twonky Server 5.1.5, Philips LED TV 37PFL7605H

Post by welverin » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:37 pm

i am very disappointed, the problem with philips tv are unresolved

i still using version 5.1.6, last version running with philips 2010 TV (76x5, 86x5, 97xx, etc...)

i don't understand why since the upgrade to 6.x all philips tv say "unsupported files"

Briain
AV Hardware:Linn Klimax DS
Linn Majik DS-I
Linn Sneaky DS
WDTV Live Hib
Sonos 80

Post by Briain » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:50 pm

awx wrote:hi!
my audio files are completely unsorted in "directory" view! that makes this version almost completely useless for me, because i have a very(!) large music library (with lots of compilations in it), that's why "directory" view is the only possible view for me.
why aren't the files sorted either according to their name (01.track.mp3, 02.track.mp3, 03.track.mp3),
the old version did this perfectly ... but it did not stream mkv to my samsung tv :-(
regards
awx
Hi

If you feel like experimenting, you can try my latest custom music trees which provide a customized menu structure and sort order in the folder view; they sort by track number (see here for links to a detailed post about them). They are designed for large music collections (I have 30,500 FLAC files) and for Linn DS users (who use separate control points and media renderers, so they might not work with your control point / media player if it depends on the original Twonky code (or they might just not suit your taste), so please do keep the originals handy in case you wish to put them back again! Don't just leave the originals in /resources/views and just rename them; save them somewhere else and use just use one of the replacement tree packs (there's one to suit folks who use the album artist tags and another for folks that don't; if in doubt, try the 'artists only' one). After changing them, you will have to do a Twonky database rebuild to pick up the new menu structures (these both include disk sort order and album track sort order in the music folder view). If you put the original ones back, you will again need to perform a Twonky database rebuild to pick up the changes.

If you are using Twonky on a Windows XP machine, they'll likely be here C:\Program Files\TwonkyMedia\resources\views

Bri

awx
AV Hardware:Noxon Audio Clients

Post by awx » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:57 pm

wow!
that's exactly what i was looking for!! works great on my noxon audio devices.
many thanks from germany
greetz
awx

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:28 pm

KamikaZee wrote:Any chance that multiple audio/subtitle streams can be implemented from twonky's side (for samsung TVs that is)? Or would that require samsung to actually implement it on their sets?
I talked to Christian about this and here is his response:

We deliver the complete unchanged stream with all embedded audio. It is up to your player to to pick the right one and to provide the user a way to change the audio selection.

Sounds like he's suggesting that this is a Samsung issue.

- Rick

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:31 pm

welverin wrote:i am very disappointed, the problem with philips tv are unresolved

i still using version 5.1.6, last version running with philips 2010 TV (76x5, 86x5, 97xx, etc...)

i don't understand why since the upgrade to 6.x all philips tv say "unsupported files"
Sorry to hear that you are having problems.

1. What is the model number of the TV that you are using?
2. What are the types of files that used to play with TS 5.1, that no longer play with TS 6.0?
3. Are you able to provide a short test file that will demonstrate this?

- Rick

welverin

Post by welverin » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi Rick!

ok, now i retell the story.

i using twonky since version 4.4.x, i have two installazion :
- production on QNAP NAS
- test on windows pc

now i am using version 5.1.6, it is not the best version you build but it works

i own philips 7605 (dlna 1.5 certified tv), with 5.1.6 running my nas i am capable to view all avi and mkv file i own

i didn't test 6.0.1 version because it is very younger, so i decided to waiting a more mature version

i tried 6.0.23, 6.0.28, 6.0.29beta, 6.0.30

with all of this version the result is always the same
tv said : unsupported file, no able to execute

so i made many questions in qnap forum and other forum on the net and i found other user, all philips owner (8605, 9705, ecc... all philips 2010 tv owner)

at this point i wrote to twonky support, i send and received many mail with mr. Kabir
i send to he detailed information about the file i tried to play, about the machine running twonkyserver, and i send to he the log about working version (5.1.6) and not working version (6.0.28)

now i haven't received any answer since 6.0.30
kabir say me to try the new version
i tried but the result is the same, so i sent to he new log of the server

i tried to manual edit client.db file of 6.0.28 to force the server to send the informations to tv by different protocol, nothing !

if you need i can send to you by PM a long email with all attachments i sent to Kabir

others owner of philips tv switched to other dlna server (ushare, tversity, etc..) but i'm happy with 5.1.6 version and want to continue to use this software

thank you very much for the help

Leonardo

ps. my ticket is #2113

Jamer196
AV Hardware:GigaNas

Post by Jamer196 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Hello

I have a DUALHDD GIGANAS from http://wedamart.co.uk/support.aspx working with version 4.

Which one is the installation for my NAS? So many links ...

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:12 pm

Leonardo,

Thanks for taking the time to provide all of the details. I logged this issue into the system that our engineers use and have asked them to look into this. I'm not sure when this will occur, but it should eventually happen. To ask me for a start update on this in the future, ask me about MM-4256.

- Rick

welverin

Post by welverin » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:18 am

thank you very much

i am happy to help you with any test you need to resolve the problem

Leonardo

rayzlogin
AV Hardware:DNS-323, Soundbridge M400, Soundbridge M1000, Sony Bravia 4EX710

Post by rayzlogin » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Rick,

Just wanted to says thanks for the latest build and for including NAS users as well.
Works a treat on my DNS-323 with M1001 Soundbridge, Xbox360's, Sony Bravia 40EX710 and Blu-ray BDP-S370.

Glad I paid for the upgrade now!

Regards

Ray

welverin

Post by welverin » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:19 pm

Rick,
mr Kabir answer me after he received my last test and logs of version 6.0.30 :

"Mos likely the issue shall be with Phillips itself."

it is very interesting but sorry,
with version 4.4.17, 4.4.18 and all version 5.x all working without problem, i using every day server version 5.1.6 and all done

i tried other dlna server as ushare, minidlna, mediatonb without problem

i test latest version of tversity and all done

only with twonky server 6.x the problem exist

excuse me but i don't believe the issue is the TV

i ask to Philips support and they think the problem is twonky server without offer any help to resolve the issue
could you contact directly philips support to find a solution ?

other user on qnap forum with philips tv switched to ushare, i not very happy because i paid for twonky :(

Leonardo

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:08 pm

welverin wrote: excuse me but i don't believe the issue is the TV
I agree with you! That's why I've asked an engineer to look into this. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Don't expect an instant solution however. Our engineers are very busy and it sometimes takes a while before they have time to look into these issues.

- Rick

welverin

Post by welverin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:58 pm

no problem Rick!

i am happy to waiting if it is necessary to say "the end" to this story :)

but when i read the mail of mr. Kabir i think the ticket is closed

i will test next version of twonky server since to issue it is closed

thank you very much for your work

markmcd
AV Hardware:Server: Twonky Media Server 5.1
Clients: Roku Soundbridge, foobar2000 (w/ upnp component), WMP 12

Post by markmcd » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:02 pm

I hate to sound like a broken record (as I have reported these bugs before), but I'm still having the following issues (just tested with 6.0.30):

- MP4 videos are totally hit and miss on my Samsung BD-C5500 blu-ray player, some work, some don't: http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... mp4#p32730
- mpeg2 videos don't support FF & RW on the same blu-ray player
- M4A (AAC) playback is still broken on the Roku Soundbridge: http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8456

Any idea if/when these might get addressed? The Soundbridge bug is particularly annoying, as it used to work just fine in Twonky 5.x.x

welverin

Post by welverin » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:42 am

Hi Rick!

if it is can help yours engineer, a user on philips forum post this message :

" Well, maybe it's better when Twonky reverts back to the playback approach that was implemented in 5.1.5 (or anything before the v6.xx branch).
I had a look at some network traffic dumps that have been recorded during interaction between my 9705K and Twonky (tested 5.1.5 and 6.0.28): they stuff a lot of DLNA-specific information in the protocolInfo header that was not there before 6.0.28. Now they explicitly dictate the MIME type; they left the playability decision to the device itself before the new release.."

i hope this is usefully for your technician

bye

Leonardo

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:17 am

Thanks Leonardo. I'll pass on this info to our engineers.

Just so everyone knows that we are listening to your reports. I wanted to announce that the memory leak reported here was just found and fixed. :D Technically, it wasn't a memory leak but it did result in a spike in memory usage.

- Rick

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:44 am

markmcd wrote:I hate to sound like a broken record (as I have reported these bugs before), but I'm still having the following issues (just tested with 6.0.30):

- MP4 videos are totally hit and miss on my Samsung BD-C5500 blu-ray player, some work, some don't: http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... mp4#p32730
- mpeg2 videos don't support FF & RW on the same blu-ray player
- M4A (AAC) playback is still broken on the Roku Soundbridge: http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8456

Any idea if/when these might get addressed? The Soundbridge bug is particularly annoying, as it used to work just fine in Twonky 5.x.x
Not sure. To be honest, I don't know if the engineers were even aware of these issues. The good news is that now they are. Not sure if there is anything that we can do about the 2nd issues because some players don't work we'll with REW/FF. There is a chance we might be able to do something about issue #1, if you provide me with a test file. The shorter the better. If the problem file(s) are too large to send to tmm-beta@pv.com over email, you can upload them to our blind FTP server:

1. On a Windows PC. Open Windows Explorer. You can find it under the Start menu under All Programs/Accessories/Windows Explorer.

2. Paste the following into the Address bar on Windows Explorer: ftp://sftp.pv.com/upload

3.You should see a folder appear under Internet Explorer labeled sftp.pv.

4.If you expand it, you should see another folder labeled “upload”. Copy your problem file into this folder and send a message to tmm-beta@pv.com letting us know what the file is named, along with details about the problems your experiencing.

- Rick

Askold
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-210
Philips TV 9705

Post by Askold » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:16 pm

Philips TV 9705: not a single video is playable anymore. Pictures and music are working just fine, all video folders and file names are visible, but video can't be played no matter what format or codec it has.

Had to revert back to 5.x version.

Any news on fixing this problem?

ipodfan
AV Hardware:Philips TV 46PFL9405, PS3, Xbox 360, Twonkyserver latest version on windows 2008 server

How to get Philips xxPFL9705 TV to work with twonkyserver 6.

Post by ipodfan » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:38 pm

In twonky server set streaming device for the philips tv to Philips Streamium AV and it will stream movies etc fine

welverin

Post by welverin » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:43 pm

yes great !

it works but...

"philips streamiun av" setting bypass dlna protocol (use command DLNANO in client.db), i think it is send a simple upnp/http link

so no feature are available like rewind/fastforward

however, thank you very much !
i tried some philips stremiun settings but not this one

this is a simple workaround, but i am waiting for correct settings in "philips tv" selection with complete dlna feature like fastforward

Askold
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-210
Philips TV 9705

Re: How to get Philips xxPFL9705 TV to work with twonkyserver 6.

Post by Askold » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:44 am

[quote="ipodfan"]In twonky server set streaming device for the philips tv to Philips Streamium AV and it will stream movies etc fine[/quote]

Video works this way... but, no more photos, no rewind, no mkv support.

ipodfan
AV Hardware:Philips TV 46PFL9405, PS3, Xbox 360, Twonkyserver latest version on windows 2008 server

Post by ipodfan » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:04 am

Yes i notice, and strangely, it crashes my win2008 server that i run twonky on if i stream to philips tv with streamium av setting. It all works fine if i use my ps3 instead. Strange

Eclipse47
AV Hardware:Samsung UA46C8000, WD My Book World Edition 1TB NAS (Twonky Server)

Post by Eclipse47 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:18 am

Hi Guys,

Is anyone else having issues with 6.0.30 and viewing full size JPG pictures? Since upgrading my WD MyBook World Edition NAS (wight light) which serves my Samsung UA46C8000 TV, JPG preview thumbnails work but full size doesn't (it just shows the default camera icon when you click on the picture).

Interestingly enough before the upgrade, thumbnails didn't work but full size did. I wonder whats changed to cause the issues? Any help?

Thanks for the great product support too!

Pat

Georg
AV Hardware:Server: Linkstation Pro (production) with Twonky 6.0.1 +
Linkstation Pro (developer) with Twonky 6.0.23
Clients:
Kathrein UFS 822 (pvr sat receiver, upnp-client?)
Philips TV PFL9604
WD TV Live
Roku Linkstation
Philips WLAN photo frame

Post by Georg » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:41 pm

First of all a thank you for the (unofficial) support of the NAS build which I strongly appreciate.
That said it seems that version 6.0.30 is running quite stable on my Linkstation Pro (Developer).

o) Aggregation from a second linkstation (stable) running twonky server 6.0.1 is working, though - as for the previous versions I tested - I still get many duplicate entries on the music tree. I'd even say that all entries are duplicated.
The Developer holds a full backup of the photos and music from the stable system, so the files and paths are identical, while the contentbase on both systems differs. In this context you might note that the stable system is shut down every night.

o) Like others I observe a slow but steady increase of the cache memory. Though the situation has certainly improved, the cache mem climbed from about 5.5 MB to about 10.5 MB in the first week of testing without aggregation switched on. After switching it on followed by a restart of twonky the cache startet at about 10 MB once collecting files had finished. After 3 1/2 days it now has climbed to 16.8 MB while usage was rather low.

Cheers,
Georg

Yastrebon
AV Hardware:Samsung TV - 7000 series
WD Live
PS3

Post by Yastrebon » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:59 pm

Thats good,
what about multiple audio/subtitle streams support for samsung TVs??
You wrote that version 6.0.30 have some improvements with subtitles for samsung tv, but how to activate that?

PeeBee

Post by PeeBee » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:14 am

Yastrebon wrote:what about multiple audio/subtitle streams support for samsung TVs??
That's a Samsung issue - Twonky streams all audio but the TV lacks the means to play anything but the main audio stream. You'd need to re-encode the media with either the audio you want as the main stream, or as the only stream.

PB
Samsung LE37B650T2WXXU; Liteon 5055GDL+ HDD/DVD Recorder; Playstation 3; Iomega Screenplay HD 500GB; Buffalo Linkstation Pro LS-320GL (running Twonky 6.0.30, SqueezeBox Server 7.6 and acting as a Print Server)

Georg
AV Hardware:Server: Linkstation Pro (production) with Twonky 6.0.1 +
Linkstation Pro (developer) with Twonky 6.0.23
Clients:
Kathrein UFS 822 (pvr sat receiver, upnp-client?)
Philips TV PFL9604
WD TV Live
Roku Linkstation
Philips WLAN photo frame

Post by Georg » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Above I wrote that with aggregation turned on the twonky 6.0.30 cache started at 10 MB, after 3 1/2 days went up to 16.8 MB. Now after 10 days it has raised to 22.6 MB. And that while in the past days I usually used the stable system running 6.0.1.

enieves1701
AV Hardware:Samsung LN46C630
PS3 Slim
TS-219p (running Twonky 6.0.30 via qpkg)

Post by enieves1701 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:00 pm

Hi folks,

I am stumped. Reading this topic. it seems that TS 6.0.30 remedied the .mkv playback issue I've been reading about for other Samsung TV owners.

I'm still having that issue, though. I have tried four different .mkv files (ripped copies of movies), and each of them are identified by Twonky/QNAP as 'Unsupported Data', and thus cannot be played. I have:

Samsung LN46C630, installed latest 1010.0 firmware two days ago
PS3 Slim, with latest system software
QNAP TS-219P, running 3.3.8 Build 1217T firmware
--installed the TS 6.0.30 qpkg update two days ago

Any advice? :?

Many thanks,
--E

PeeBee

Post by PeeBee » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:56 pm

Is your TV being detected correctly on the Media Receivers page as Samsung TV?

PB

enieves1701
PS3 Slim

Post by enieves1701 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:22 pm

Hi PeeBee,

First, thanks for the quick reply.
No, the TV is not being detected. I am using my PS3 to talk to the QNAP (there is no direct connection between the TV and the QNAP, where the .mkv's are located). Trying to watch from my PS3, then.

In the Media Receivers page, the PS3 is being detected properly.
So, then, I'll follow your suggestion and connect the TV to my home network. I'll reply with the results.

Thanks again, everyone, and Happy New Year!
--E

PeeBee

Post by PeeBee » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:48 pm

The Samsung TV can play mkv files but the PS3 cannot. So you will need to add the TV to your network and get it and Twonky to see each other. Then you can stream the mkv movies direct to the TV (assuming the TV has network/DLNA capability like my B650 has).

If you can't connect the TV directly to Twonky then you will need to get Twonky to transcode the mkvs to a format the PS3 can play (avi, mpeg - see http://manuals.playstation.net/document ... types.html).

PB

enieves1701
PS3 Slim

Post by enieves1701 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:10 am

PeeBee,

Worked like a charm! Hooked the TV up to the network, found the NAS right away, and I'm able to play my .mkv movies with no issues whatsoever. It also solved another problem I was having when accessing the NAS from the PS3, which is that my music albums were sorted alphabetically, instead of by track #.

Thanks again,
--E

javyunion
AV Hardware:Yamaha RXV2065, Synology DS209

Post by javyunion » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:58 pm

[quote="awx"]hi!
regards
awx[/quote]

Hi Twonky,

I do have the same problem - trying it on the following media devices: AV-Receiver, WLAN-Radio an my TV.
Im using 6.028 on my NAS and 6.030 on my MAC an its all the same.
In the Album directory-view the music tracks are sorted in the correct order
but in the folder view they are completely mixed up. Im sad about that
because I can't play a hole cd in the correct track-order.

Perhaps you can correct this with one of the upcomming release :?: :!:

Thank you so much !

PeeBee

Post by PeeBee » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:52 pm

enieves1701 wrote:It also solved another problem I was having when accessing the NAS from the PS3, which is that my music albums were sorted alphabetically, instead of by track #.
Try the fix I put in this post - http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 316#p30809.

PB

herr_nilsson
AV Hardware:Linn DS, Acer Easy Store H340

Post by herr_nilsson » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:12 pm

Hi there,
having also troubles with the track order of albums consisting of more than one CD. I checked the 'view-definitions.xml' file in the current version 6.0.30. So far it looks all right (e.g. container 'artistalbum' includes the parameter set sortcriteria='+pv:numberOfThisDisc,+upnp:originalTrackNumber'). Still the lists are sorted by track number only! What is wrong? Can anybody help be debugging this?

Best regards,
Nils

P.S.: I checked the issue PeeBee described in the link of the previous message.

enieves1701
PS3 Slim

Post by enieves1701 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:38 pm

I tried PeeBee's solution (on another thread), and it worked like a charm.

Thanks PeeBee! I owe you two.

Best,
--E