Twonky v6 and v5 on 2 different servers

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
eskordok
AV Hardware:My Book World Edition
PS3
Windows 7
Twonky v6 and v5 on 2 different servers

Post by eskordok » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:25 am

Scenario:
PC Windows 7 running Twonky Server 6.0.32
Drives on that Machine:
Drive C is the OS
Drive E is a USB External Hard Drive
Drive F Mapped to a My Book World Edition II External Hard Drive (No Twonky Installed)
Drive G Mapped to a My Book World Edition External Hard Drive (With Twonky Media Server 5.1.9 Pre-Installed)
All drives are full of Videos.

Problem:
When I go to Twonky 6 on my Windows Machine and to Basic Setup -> Sharing I have the following shares:
E:\Films
F:\Films2
G:\Films3

Once on my PS3 I can see everything on my E and F drives but can't see anything on my G drive (The one with Twonky 5 pre-installed)

I know I can update My Book World Edition to Twonky using ssh and some hacking since WD hasn't release yet a version 6 of Twonky on their firmware, but is there a way to use my current version 6 of Twonky from my PC to read that external Hard Drive?

I just bough Twonky 6 and I just need it to read that Hard Drive.

What about aggregation on the Advance Setup? How can I configure maybe Twonky 6 to read shares of Twonky 5?

Do I need to uninstall or stop Twonky 5 in order for Twonky 6 to read that Hard Drive.

note: I notice that when I click Browse on Sharing I get a list of letters like:
A:\
C:\
E:\
F:\

What is strange is that I don't get drive G even if is also a mapped drive like the rest.

Any Ideas or suggestions will be appreciate.

Thanks

PeeBee
AV Hardware:Buffalo LS Pro; PS3; Samsung LE37B650

Re: Twonky v6 and v5 on 2 different servers

Post by PeeBee » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:12 pm

Share your network drives using their URL addresses not the mapped drives such as

\\192.168.2.100\Films2 and \\192.168.2.101\Films3

Use the IP addresses not the host names.

PB
Samsung LE37B650T2WXXU; Liteon 5055GDL+ HDD/DVD Recorder; Playstation 3; Iomega Screenplay HD 500GB; Buffalo Linkstation Pro LS-320GL (running Twonky 6.0.30, SqueezeBox Server 7.6 and acting as a Print Server)

eskordok
AV Hardware:My Book World Edition
PS3
Windows 7

Re: Twonky v6 and v5 on 2 different servers

Post by eskordok » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:59 pm

I actually solve my problem and put the answer in another topic but here it is:
http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 555#p35564