MyBookWorldEditionII (White Light), Mac, & PS3 not working

Other OS or NAS discussions
tiggerx40
AV Hardware:WD MyBook World Edition II White Light, Mac 10.5.8, Playstation3
MyBookWorldEditionII (White Light), Mac, & PS3 not working

Post by tiggerx40 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Hi. I am new here so please bear with me. :) I have a Mac 10.5.8 that I run Itunes on. All of my music is stored on my WDMyBookWorldEdition II and I want to stream my music wirelessly from my WD WBII to my PS3 and play through my TV. I have a couple of problems:

1. I have over 40,000 music files. If I look them up by artist index, lots of files are missing.
-I did a rescan of the database.
-I made sure that it points to the folder where the music is shared in the Twonky settings on my WD WB. (If someone tells me how to add a screen shot, I can do that).
-I clicked on rebuild database but it does not do anything.

2. Playlists are showing up that I have no idea where they came from. How do I get rid of them? I have playlists that I created in Itunes but those aren't showing up when I try to play them from the PS3. So how do I find those?

Thank you soo much in advance for any help.

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: MyBookWorldEditionII (White Light), Mac, & PS3 not worki

Post by Twonky_Rick » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:00 am

1. I have over 40,000 music files. If I look them up by artist index, lots of files are missing.
-I did a rescan of the database.
-I made sure that it points to the folder where the music is shared in the Twonky settings on my WD WB. (If someone tells me how to add a screen shot, I can do that).
-I clicked on rebuild database but it does not do anything.
Make sure the problem files all have all of the tags filled in (e.g. Artist, Album, etc.). That's what we use to create the Artist Index.
2. Playlists are showing up that I have no idea where they came from. How do I get rid of them? I have playlists that I created in Itunes but those aren't showing up when I try to play them from the PS3. So how do I find those?
Make sure there are no playlist files in your music directory. Including your album folders. Look for M3U, WPL, etc.
Make sure non of the un-wanted play lists are in iTunes.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

tiggerx40

Post by tiggerx40 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:36 pm

Make sure the problem files all have all of the tags filled in (e.g. Artist, Album, etc.). That's what we use to create the Artist Index.

They are filled in. For example, Aaliyah is only showing 2 songs (More than a Woman and Rock the Boat when viewing on my PS3 via Twonky but there are 7 songs under the Shared music drive for Aaliyah. If you tell me how to add a screenshot I can post them.

Also, when I try to rebuild database it says it can't connect to the server after it tells me to wait.

tiggerx40

Post by tiggerx40 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:08 am

Okay, I hardwired my computer to the server and hit rebuild database. It said okay and then went back to the main screen. It showed that I had 0 music files so I did a rescan of content database. Then it said 12 files. If I go to all tracks it shows a bunch of music. If I go to artist index and choose abc, it shows me artists with abc and then other random artists starting with other letters.

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:00 pm

You can send me a screenshot here: tmm-beta@pv.com.

It would be even better if you could send me two test files. One that works and one that doesn't.

Do you see the same problems when you run TwonkyServer on your Mac? You can download a trial of TwonkyServer at www.twonky.com. I'm wondering if this may be related to the size of your library and the processor speed and memory in your NAS.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/