Readynas duo Twonky Server doesnt indexing all mp3s

Everything about the Netgear support, problems, hints...
briefkasten
AV Hardware:Netgear ReadyNas DUO Twonky Server, WMplayer
Readynas duo Twonky Server doesnt indexing all mp3s

Post by briefkasten » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:59 pm

Hello,

im using a ReadyNas duo with the Twonky Server addon. It appears that the Twonky Server is not indexing all mp3 files.
Here are some details:

Version: 6.0.32
Cache memory: 14377 KB
Last database change: 20:11:42
Music tracks: 25387
Photos: 0
Videos: 0

I got in my Music folder 796 directory to sort all artists. In the Artist folder are then folder for the albums. Then the mp3 files
For example: Abba / Waterloo / mp3 files.

In my music folder, which contents 796 directories, all files are organized by the artist's names followed by the ablum titels folders.
All in all I've got 133 GB of music constiting of 32 000 files and 3000 folders.
Could it be that the twonky server can't indext such a big amount of files ? Is there a soulution for my problem?
Thank you for your help,

greetings,

Briefkasten

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Readynas duo Twonky Server doesnt indexing all mp3s

Post by Twonky_Rick » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:35 pm

I'd be surprised if this is a TwonkyServer issue. We have users with music libraries well over 100,000 songs and photos libraries over 1,000,000 photos. I know that some NAS have limited memory. It's possible, you're hitting that limit.

Is there a way you can try your media library with TwonkyServer running on a Mac or PC? You should be able to install and run as a free 30 day trial.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

briefkasten
AV Hardware:Netgear ReadyNas DUO Twonky Server, WMplayer

Post by briefkasten » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi,

thanks for your fast reply. I installed Twonkey Server Trial on Windows 7 and added Z:/Music to the index folder. But he isn't indexing the directory z:/Music.

Isn't the twonkey Server abel to index mp3s files from a network resource?
greetings

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:32 pm

When you installed the server, did select the 'Custom' installer option and make sure the 'Install TwonkyServer as system service' option was unchecked? That normally needs to be done when using TwonkyServer with network storage.

If it still doesn't work after re-installing and doing this it could be a Windows 7 issue. I think there were some issues with network storage and Win 7 that we can't do much about.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/