TwonkyServer 6.0.34 and WDTV Live F/W 1.05.04_V Problem

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
parnott
AV Hardware:Twonky, WDTV Live, XBMC (Linux & Windows)
TwonkyServer 6.0.34 and WDTV Live F/W 1.05.04_V Problem

Post by parnott » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:01 pm

An old problem has returned with the combination of TMS 6.0.34 and WDTV Live F/W 1.05.04_V.

Let's start by saying that the WDTV Live is correctly identified on the Media Receivers page in the Twonky config screens. So Twonky knows it is a WDTV Live. Actually I have 2 WDTV Lives and they both exhibit the same behaviour.

The problem that has returned is- when you navigate starting from the main WDTV Live screen to Video>Mediaservers>TMS Media Server, it displays the root folders- Music, Photos, Video rather than the Video folders. Same happens if you start at Music and Photos from the WDTV Live start screen.

This problem has occured, been fixed, occured, been fixed over various combinations of TMS and WDTV Live F/W revisions. Unfortunately I don't remember which combinations worked.

At some point the client adaption XM:TV4IDS was introduced in the clients.db file and applied to the the definitions for WDTV products, presumably to fix the initial occurence of this problem. It may have worked at some point, but with the latest versions of TwonkyServer and WDTV Live F/W it does not.

Update-
Here it is getting really weird. Had the default Navigation Tree set to Classic view. Changed the view for the WDTV Live to Advanced, rebooted the WDTV Live and it now works correctly. Reset the view for the WDTV Live back to Classic, rebooted, and it still works correctly.

I know it sounds like operator error (and I would have put it down to that), except 2 different WDTV Lives were exhibiting the same behaviour. Made the above change for one of them, which fixed it, but magically it also fixed the problem on the other WDTV Live. Too wierd, but at least there is a work-around.

Georg
AV Hardware:Server: Linkstation Pro (production) with Twonky 6.0.1 +
Linkstation Pro (developer) with Twonky 6.0.23
Clients:
Kathrein UFS 822 (pvr sat receiver, upnp-client?)
Philips TV PFL9604
WD TV Live
Roku Linkstation
Philips WLAN photo frame

Re: TwonkyServer 6.0.34 and WDTV Live F/W 1.05.04_V Problem

Post by Georg » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:10 pm

Well, at least I can confirm the first part of your experience. I thought that (for whatever reason) the XM:TV4IDS had been removed from clients.db and was about to add it manually. Reading about your experience the story seems to be more complex.

I just checked clients.db and - as feared - the XM:TV4IDS entry is present. :roll: Reading the explanations in clients.db DX:SAMSUNGFEATLIST could achieve something similar. Maybe that could be a temporary workaround? But TV is off for today. So maybe more testing on Thursday/Friday.

Cheers, Georg