Is it possible to stream video to Humax FOXsat-HD box ?

dynamicdave
AV Hardware:TP-link
Is it possible to stream video to Humax FOXsat-HD box ?

Post by dynamicdave » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:25 pm

Title probably says it all.

I'm trying to stream video with Twonkey to a Humax FOXsat set-top box.

The Humax is connected to my home network via CAT-5 cable and to an LG flatscreen TV.

I can ping the the Humax box, but cannot seem to get Twonkey to send the video to the FOXsat.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers from David (in the UK)

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Is it possible to stream video to Humax FOXsat-HD box ?

Post by Twonky_Rick » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:23 pm

If your set top box supports UPnP AV or DLNA it should see TwonkyServer. It annouces itself on your network, but your device has to be able to select and browse it.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

Budgie

Post by Budgie » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:50 am

Hi, I have same problem Found an interesting thread on avforums site under satellite/freesat section where there is a good hack described to give better lan access to Humax. Done this but not used yet. At time of writing my Humax doesn't see Twonky but it may be my fault with control as I don't see how to play anything from lan.
In haste so will write more later.
Budgie

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:48 am

I'm confident that TwonkyServer is broadcasting it's availability in a way that any UPnP AV or DLNA device should be able to see it. Make sure your router isn't blocking multicast, that could be one reason you're not seeing it.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/