SHOUTcast functionality

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
cykelsmeden
AV Hardware:WD-NAS & W7 as TWONKYserver
sony 40w5500 as primary client
Philips MCI500 as secondary client
Medion Internetradio - not working DLNA yet ;(
SHOUTcast functionality

Post by cykelsmeden » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:38 pm

I've just change from TMserver 4 to 6.0.37, and notice the SHOUTcast functionality, which is a new concept to me, so I'm sorry if my question is no-sence.
I found the Shoutcastmenu on my internetradio, and I figured that I this way, will use my Twonkyserver as a sort of proxy??
Due to the configpage, I would think that checking/unchecking genres, would make these genres aviable/unaviable to the player, thus making a shorter and better vue?

This seem NOT the case. Or more correct: if I uncheck a bunch of genres, and click "save", the configpage just blinks and revert to the default (all) genres.

Is something rotten in this small old state of Denmark, or do I simply not understand the concept?

//finn

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: SHOUTcast functionality

Post by Twonky_Rick » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Sometimes there is a delay before changes are seen. Sometimes rebuilding your database forces an update. Might be worth a try.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

cykelsmeden

Post by cykelsmeden » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:09 pm

TMM_Product_Manager wrote:Sometimes there is a delay before changes are seen. Sometimes rebuilding your database forces an update. Might be worth a try.

- Rick
Well, thanks for responce. Happy, I apearently understood the functionality.
However it still not works. I have now:
1. Waited untill database was updated (just in case).
2. Opened the mediatab.Controlled all checkmarks was ON in Handpicked Radio and SHOUTcast sections.
BTW. one have to click several times untill the sections come up (Just passive waiting don't work)
3. Removed ~half the checkmarks in both Handpicked Radio and SHOUTcast sections
BTW. one have to click twice in each box in order to remove the checkmark, and the page moves down about the boxsize in between - really annoying!
4. Go to top and save edits..
The page just blinks.
5. After a while (few minutes) again save the edits, and an offer to restart server comes up. Whether or not I rebuild the database before I do the restart th server, it comes up showing all Handpicked Radio and SHOUTcast genres ON ;(
6. Checked on players, - All genres still offered.

greetings
//finn

- W7ultimate TWserver 6.0.37 Intel Celeron 3.8GHz. 30/3 internet

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:21 pm

We have found the SHOUTcast stations to be very unreliable, so we are moving in a new direction. There will be a new version of TwonkyServer posted on Twonky.com in the next week or so. It contains some new and improved media feeds including our own radio stations. Of course, the old SHOUTcast stations will be accessable as well. You may want to check it out and let me know if it solves your problems.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

cykelsmeden

Post by cykelsmeden » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:35 pm

TMM_Product_Manager wrote:We have found the SHOUTcast stations to be very unreliable, so we are moving in a new direction. There will be a new version of TwonkyServer posted on Twonky.com in the next week or so. It contains some new and improved media feeds including our own radio stations. Of course, the old SHOUTcast stations will be accessable as well. You may want to check it out and let me know if it solves your problems.

- Rick
Thanks for good and fast responce (wish responce from supportteam was same of same timeframe :( - still waiting on responce! )
In my case old stations are no issue, as I'm still in the investigation process.

Hope however, SHOUTcast won't take time from correcting the web-accesproblems, which I believe are a much more concern to many of us. (ref: several forums, including this).

greetings
// finn - at not2old.dk