New Feature Requests

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
herr_nilsson
AV Hardware:Linn DS, Acer Easy Store H340
Re: New Feature Requests

Post by herr_nilsson » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:45 pm

Hi Twonky,
I have troubles with the disc order of AAC files when the albums contain more than on CD. For mp3 this seems to be ok. The issue seems here that in AAC the totaldisc number and the totaltrack number are extra fields (using mp3tag).

Could it be that the disc order is not supported for AAC files? If not please implement. Currently I am using Twonkyserver Ver. 6.0.30. Priorly I already have posted this issue and I also checked the configuration of my view-definitions.xml files. These are untouched so far.

Best regards,
Nils

Arnoud
AV Hardware:TwonkyManager
Sony Bravia TV
Samsung Galaxy
Onkyo TX-NR708

Re: It would be great if TV can interpret CUE sheets of CD image

Post by Arnoud » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:35 pm

[quote="aqxx"]It would be great if TV can interpret CUE sheets of CD images.

Personally I do not split my CDs into tracks and just save an image with CUE sheet (e.g. like Exact Audio Copy creates).

Would be fantastic if TV could display the content of the CUE sheet as tracks.
I think this can not take to much time to code?

Anyone else missing this feature?[/quote]

Yes I am. I rip my live concert CDs to 1 MP3 file and it would be great if Twonky Server could deal with the cue as a playlist.

Clipper_l

Title index

Post by Clipper_l » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:57 pm

Twonkyserver 6.30 is a very good product. I´ve changed from 4.4.31 today.

+++ all Titel are indexed, no missed files

--- no customizing of navigation tree by user

Dear Supportteam, please implement unter advanced default navigation an title index [ABC][DEF] ... ( like interpret index )

I have more than 10.000 files, all is to slow !!!

:wink:
NAS (Intel Atom 550/ Win7)
Twonkyserver 6.0.30
Denon AVR 3808A

mohpet
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-109 II PRO
Sony KDL-40NX700
Squeezebox Duet
Squeezebox Radio

Post by mohpet » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:52 pm

Please fix so that it is possible to stream videos to DLNA TVs, I have a new Sony KDL-40NX700 that supports MPEG2 so this should work. Photos and music OK, videos not. I have read through a lot of forums and this seems to be a major issue with the 6.0.30 version.

Boeing 737
AV Hardware:Sony 370 DVD, Panasonic G25 TV

Post by Boeing 737 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:44 am

I thought it would be able to support .MP4 streaming to Sony 370 DVD Player, or my 2010 Panasonic G25 TV.

Please can you work on this for the next version of Twonky Server

I have standard .MP4 movie files from Internet and none are recognised on Sony or Panasonic

Please help with this feature!!!!!

mohpet
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-109 II PRO
Sony KDL-40NX700
Squeezebox Duet
Squeezebox Radio

Post by mohpet » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:29 am

[quote="mohpet"]Please fix so that it is possible to stream videos to DLNA TVs, I have a new Sony KDL-40NX700 that supports MPEG2 so this should work. Photos and music OK, videos not. I have read through a lot of forums and this seems to be a major issue with the 6.0.30 version.[/quote]

I've finally made this work - thanks to Sog DVD Ripper. This program makes MPEG2 files in just the way the Sony likes. Other (random) ripping programs all failed to work for my TV. I truly recommend this DVD ripping device.

BUT: Album art/images for the video films do not display anywhere, I've tried to name them the same as the movies, eg "Superman.jpg" for the movie "Superman.mpg". Any thoughts or is this a flaw either against Sony or with the Sony TV itself?

Peter

doragasu
AV Hardware:Server: Guruplug Server Plus
Client: Playstation 3

TS File support

Post by doragasu » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:29 am

Please add TS (Transport Stream) file support. I use my server to stream files to my PS3, and I have near 3 GB files in .ts format than I'm not able to stream using twonky. I know there is a trick to make these files work, that is renaming them to .mpg, but please implement .ts support. I suppose this should be easy, you only need to add .ts to the video file mask.

etalkishere
AV Hardware:receiver, blu ray dvd player

Re:

Post by etalkishere » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:27 am

I totally agree! It would be great if .iso files are supported.
Dartan wrote:I'm not even sure if this would be possible, but would do most anything to get it.

I have a directory with nothing but ISO files of DVD's in it. I'd for Twonky to be able to stream them to a client direction from the ISO without having to convert it to MP4 or some other format. I like to keep the ISO files as a backup of the original DVD (kids have a nasty way of ruining a DVD) and it sucks having to have an MP4 version of the movie as well as the ISO file (going through disk space like crazy).

Dave

liquid
AV Hardware:2TB MyBook World edition II, Dell M2010 running Vista Home Edition, Xbox 360

Post by liquid » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:13 pm

I run Twonky on my 2 tb MBWE. I'd like to see a linux command line update feature. Downloading and doing the install is fine and good... but if I could just run a program to check, download, and install the latest version it would be great.

Oh, and if this happens, a version roll back command might be a good idea as well.

pcfe
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-439 Pro
Fedora 12 x86_64
PS3

Re: Make -1 functionality on MSS+ work

Post by pcfe » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:27 pm

Kos wrote:The -1 functionality isn't working today
lobby your NAS vendor to enable inotify support,

ricardas
AV Hardware:Lacie Network Space 2 (hacked and updated with twonky 6.0.30)
Samsung LEDTV (UE32C6530UW)

Post by ricardas » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:50 am

When streaming from Samsung PC Sharemanager 4.2 to Samsung LEDTV there is nice feature:

When you stopped video somewhere in the middle, and start same video next day - in the beginning TV says:
"Press [D] to continue watching from last point" - or something like that.

Would be nice to have it in Twonky also.

cybered
AV Hardware:Buffalo Linkstation and Sony PS3

Post by cybered » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:00 am

It would be nice to be able to turn off the 'rescan after a hardware-boot' - its very annoying and its most slower since versions after 4.x!

grreeny
AV Hardware:zyxel dma1000, ps3, xbox 360

Post by grreeny » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:23 pm

when will we have .nfo file support or more fields for videos (Mutiple Genres, actors director etc...)

steamhead

Post by steamhead » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:24 pm

bAZ wrote:I would like a way to "tag" video files (numerous formats) and then browse via those tags.

For example:

Say I have a home movie of my son playing baseball. I'd like to tag it with "Son", "Baseball", "2008", etc. Then when I go to the video section of my dsm520, I'd see:

All Videos
Folder
Tags

Clicking on Tags, I would the see:
Son
Baseball

Within each of these, is the same video (or actually, a pointer to the same video I guess.. I don't want 3 copies of it). I am hoping this is something Twonky can do. It is certainly possible as I've seen it done in this but that program has other issues that prevent me from using it. I am of course open to any other suggestions which achieve my desired results with current features. I've taken a look at the custom tree navigation but cannot find any help files or guides for it so I'm not sure what to do. The various guess and check attempts I've made seem to have absolutely no impact. Perhaps I can accomplish this somehow with playlists? I am a competent developer and could certianly write my own "Tagging" program if I know how to get that info to Twonky.
You can do this already.

The Genre tag can have multiple values (one of the few in Twonky that still can), so if you tagged your video as "Son,Baseball,2008" and then had a section in your video tree of "by genre" then the video would appear in all three.

RayX9500
AV Hardware:3XKISS 1600
4X Windows 7 laptops
1X Atom D510 7 X64 server with Twonky Server 6

Post by RayX9500 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:30 pm

Any chance of enabling fullscreen playback in the flash program for MP4 files as its pretty much useless without this.

Im talking about this window . http://lulzimg.com/i13/ca029a.jpg , All that needs to be done is to create a new button symbol and add the code below (resizing the video afterwards.

http://www.broculos.net/tutorials/how_t ... 0080314/en

Thanks

phibertron
AV Hardware:Hardware
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Support for video artist/composer actor/director

Post by phibertron » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:11 pm

I know a few of us would love to see upnp:artist,upnp:author,dc:description,upnp:actor work with video files
And it is easy to see how they would be beneficial for doing things like By Actor, By Director
I had thinking about it a bit more lately, and how could we leverage that even further
with devices that wouldnt natively use this data, or even the web interface for that matter

In my own custom navtree view, I use a tactic that allows for buildon to return items and containers at the same time
when "usually" the items only appear for the last container based on the buildon statement or statements used

For ex:

Code: Select all

<container name='By Title' upnp:originalTrackNumber='4' class='object.container' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' >
	<container buildon='dc:title[1]' class='object.container' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' />
	<container buildon='dc:title[1]' class='object.container' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' >
		<container name='- By Genre -' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' class='object.container' >
			<container buildon='upnp:genre' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' class='object.container' />
		</container>
		<container name='- By Year -' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' class='object.container'>
			<container buildon='pv:year' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' class='object.container' />
		</container>
	</container>
</container>
It is when combining the above tactic, that I feel one could leverage By Actor, By Director, and Description
so that when navigates down to a title for example, one would see the title
and one could also see containers created that noted this information

For Ex: (This is just an example of possibility)

Code: Select all

<container name='By Title' upnp:originalTrackNumber='4' class='object.container' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' >
	<container buildon='dc:title[1]' class='object.container' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' />
		<container buildon='dc:title' class='object.container' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' >
		<container buildon='dc:title' class='object.container' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' >
			<container name='- Actor' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' class='object.container' >
				<container buildon='upnp:artist' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' class='object.container' />
			</container>
			<container name='- Director' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' class='object.container'>
				<container buildon='upnp:author@role' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' class='object.container' />
			</container>
			<container buildon='dc:description' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' class='object.container' />
		</container>
	</container>
</container>
If one navigated to say the movie avatar, it would looke like this
The description would in itself be a container whose name was the description
(Note: of course there is a length limitation, windows 255 char, mp4 I think is 154)
actor director description example 1.jpg
actor director description example 1.jpg (20.32KiB)Viewed 40079 times
If one then navigated to actor, all actors would be listed only for that movie
actor director description example 2.jpg
actor director description example 2.jpg (17.56KiB)Viewed 40079 times
If one then navigated to director, all directors would be listed only for that movie
actor director description example 3.jpg
actor director description example 3.jpg (4.5KiB)Viewed 40079 times
Sure one could argue that one could just use the genre tag to accomplish the actor thing, but that would make for one huge by genre list

I hope that this makes for an even more interesting use case that brings the priority of this possible feature closer to the top of the priority list
Last edited by phibertron on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10627
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497

phibertron
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

webbrowse-mobile

Post by phibertron » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:54 am

I know twonky has just released the twonky mobile apps
But...
Wouldn't it also be nice to have a specific web page for mobile devices

we currently have these 3

PC MediaBrowser
http ://<server_ip_address>:9000/webbrowse

Mobile MediaBrowser 240*320
http ://<server_ip_address>:9000/webbrowse-n95

Mobile MediaBrowser 320*240
http ://<server_ip_address>:9000/webbrowse-e61

When viewing either the webbrowse-n95 or the webbrowse-e61
from an iphone or itouch I have zoom in on every page link

could we get a page called webbrowse-mobile or something that is formatted to fit the screen
specificaly for mobile devices

for ex: when viewing google, yahoo etc from the iphone/itouch they have sites that are tailored for the mobile device
and dont need all tjhe zooming and pinching that I have to do with the webbrowse pages

and no I dont see this is as self defeating to the mobile apps from twonky, they have a much broader scope of features
escpecially since the apple version cost $, and the android soon to also cost $
Last edited by phibertron on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497

RaEyE
AV Hardware:HP DataVauls X510 @WHS
IB-NAS4220-B v2.0
XBOX 360 Premium

TV-Streaming

Post by RaEyE » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:40 am

How about a feature allowing the server to detect TV-Cards, searching for TV-programs and allowing Clients to browse through them, watching the selected program through network.

freshman
AV Hardware:1. Linn Majik DS
2. Teac WAP-4500
3. Sony PS3
UPnP servers : currently I use Twonky Server 6.0.32 on a Linux platform
Previously : Asset UPnP, but because of some reasons I had to migrate my
installation to Linux

Post by freshman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:22 am

Hello,
Two features :
1. I use Twonky under Linux machine.
Unfortunately it can run only as a root. Additionally - even in 6.0.32 version it creates a directory in the root (/).
What would be nice is integration of ALL directories used by Twonky into the one, and - additionally possibility to run
it as a user other than root.

2. support for multiple values in artist and albumArtist tags.
As I see - Twonky returns only the last one, which makes impossible to review some tags from control point application

thanks
freshman

phibertron
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

runtime cpu priority level/affinity

Post by phibertron » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:28 pm

I would like the ability to change the runtime cpu priority level/affinity

On the windoes platform, it is NOT possible to start a service with a process priority level
One has to start the service and then either manually change the affinity via the gui
or one has to run a script to do it

Since it is a service I cant just simply use the "start /belownormal twonkymediaserverwatchdog.exe"
Yes I could run that exe that way, but I could not the service that way "net start twonkymedis"
as the net start command does not offer the ability to pass an affinity either

So what I am asking for is to either have a registry key to allow for setting affinity
or for a switch I could add to the exe to set affinity
or for an ini parameter in the server.ini that when twonkymediaserverwatchdog calls twonkmediaserver.exe
it will use that affinity level

the other thing about this is that since watchdog is a watchdog
if I had manually set the affinity level of twonkmediaserver.exe
and say twonkmediaserver.exe crashed or something
watchdog would then start/restart twonkmediaserver.exe
and that would now have a new proccess id (PID)
which I would have to go and change the affinity for again
as it is a new process
Last edited by phibertron on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497

phibertron
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

symbolic links / junctions for windows

Post by phibertron » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:17 pm

It would be great in Twonky supported symbolic links / junctions for windows

# follow symbolic links while scanning (Linux only)
followlinks=1

This could be leveraged to do a lot of things in regards to trying to make things like by folder
sort of tweakable
for ex:
If one pointed twonky to a folder of symbolic links
as the entry point of shared media for videos for ex:
those links would be then be the first level returned on by folder
which would allow people to try and create root folders that point to different places on the hd and what not
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497

Adam8000
AV Hardware:Philips PFL9704H | DENON AVR-3310 | Western Digital WDTV Live | TMS on Windows Server 2008 | DMC: HTC Desire HD

Post by Adam8000 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Ability to stream http://www.youtube.com/leanback

Leanback is a personalized flash-based YouTube stream that can be controlled remotely (see http://www.google.com/support/youtube/b ... wer=185469).

Once the TMS connects to youtube.com, it should be possible to stream the leanback content to DLNA devices. This would allow to use YouTube Remote Apps (e.g., available for Android phones: YoutTube-Remote) to control what's beeing watched while leaning back on the sofa ;-)

Of course, this would require to configure TMS with the YouTube username/password (I don't know how to manage this with TMS 6.0.32 in order to view my favorites :roll:).

Any comments on this idea?

whitehawk
AV Hardware:Ubuntu 10.10 server running mpd, fookebox, Twonky
Phillips Streamium SL400i/05
Phillips Streamium WAS6050/05
Sony KDL-37W5500

Post by whitehawk » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:40 pm

I've been using Twonkyserver for many years now (since v3 I think) and there is a feature that appears to have disappeared from after version 4. That is the ability to pick up and stream a local shoutcast stream.

Because of this, I need to run two different Twonkyservers simultaneously: v4 and v6 - the v6 communicates better with my DLNA telly for video, but I still need to run v4 to pick up my mpd output (music player daemon) which I stream to my music streamers. FYI, the reason I do this is to set up a jukebox style environment whereby anyone in the house can use a web interface to mpd (of which there are many) to dynamically control the playlist.

Is there any chance you can build local shoutcast support back into the product? If you do, the option to not have to trawl through hundreds of shoutcast radio streams from the Internet just to find my own one would be appreciated. That's how it worked in v4.

Cheers,
Gavin.

phibertron
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Post by phibertron » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:05 pm

@whitehawk

FWIW - Have you taken a look at this post

How to create your own Internet radio station list
http://twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8554

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497

whitehawk
AV Hardware:Ubuntu 10.10 server running mpd, fookebox, Twonky
Phillips Streamium SL400i/05
Phillips Streamium WAS6050/05
Sony KDL-37W5500

Post by whitehawk » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:04 pm

@phibertron

Thanks for that. I'd been using an m3u playlist with no success on v6, but this new beastie appears to be just the job.

So, my newly configured server now just has v6 running on it :-)

Cheers,
Gav.

phibertron
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Post by phibertron » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:25 pm

@whitehawk

Nice!

Glad to hear that worked for you
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497

Bascy
AV Hardware:ReadyNas DUO - Two Android Phones

Post by Bascy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:50 pm

How about a WIndows Screensaver that can get his pictures from the TwonkyServer running on my NAS?

gerardjm
AV Hardware:PS3, Samsung TV, iPhone

Post by gerardjm » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:32 am

:mrgreen: Parental Control is very important.

Transcoding when need

Hip
AV Hardware:Synology DS101j (!)
Samsung Galaxy

Post by Hip » Sun May 08, 2011 7:43 pm

Full iTunes / Airport express compatibility at SERVER level :

- Beside the server, offer a server side upnp media renderer which would "route" the played streams to an airport express. The C library to push content to the AEX already exists (see http://raop-play.sourceforge.net/) and I think you have ample expertise to build the upnp side. I know it is more or less possible to beam to an AEX with twonky mobile on Android but it does no work so well and is very likely to drain the phone batteries.

- Make twonky server be able to emulate an Itunes server. mt_daap is sluggish, twonky server is not.

Cheers

btw : I wanted to build this by myself of my synology DS101j, but I can't get to install gcc on this box and do not have a linux box to do cross compilation. Would you have some toolchain packages for the DS101 ?

ps : see also http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=19645 - an upnp to aex router on windows

tp147
AV Hardware:QNAP TS110
Linn Majik DS
iPod4

Post by tp147 » Thu May 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm new to this forum and at first a feature request and some questions.

I would like to use AIFF audio files with ID3 tags and album cover art included into each audio file, like mp3.
WAV or FLACs with the Folder.jpg file doesn't work proper unfortunately, but thats another cup of tea.

I hope I'm not the only one with this request.

thanks & cu

Thorsten

jof
AV Hardware:Pure Siesta Flow

"Content Locations" separated, not merged

Post by jof » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:16 am

For browsing by folder, what I would like is for each of the "Content Locations" in the Media server settings to have their own separate "folder" near the top level rather than having the contents of all of them merged under "Folder", like this:
>Music
-->Folder
----><content location 1>
----><content location 2>
----><content location 3>

instead of just

>Music
-->Folder
(all content locations merged)

(Then, also adding a "merge" tick box to reproduce current behaviour might be good for some instances - options are good.)

ofuhrer
AV Hardware:TwonkyServer 6.0.34 / RHEL 6 x86_64

Make Blacklist User-Configurable

Post by ofuhrer » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:18 am

It would be nice if the Folder Blacklist would be configurable. Currently for example /srv is in the Blacklist and I had to edit twonkymediaserver in order to scan directories in /srv.

Apart from this it's a great Product.

Coastie
AV Hardware:Win7
WDTV

Post by Coastie » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:13 am

I'd like to be able to type more than the first letter when searching the media library.

I use Win7 to host twonky server for my MP3 collection.

No matter whether viewing the library on another PC, or from a WDTV Live+ (with keyboard) or even within the twonky MediaManager itself , I can only type a single letter to search the mp3 library.

If I have 50 artists beginning with "M" I'd like to be able to type "Mega" to quickly get down to Megadeth, etc.

Currently it changed from each character, going from the M's to the E's to the G's to the A's etc.

Ralf99
AV Hardware:Qnap

Re:

Post by Ralf99 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:48 pm

[quote="Innovonet"]The option to disable rescanning of database at each start would be great. The existing database should be used and presented as it is. Why should anybody steal files while my NAS is off? :wink:
It would be real helpful with some 10k files which take >10mins.
Have a look at Firefly options in this case.
Thanks.
[/quote]

YES !!! +1 for me

I have a Qnap and the Twonkyserver (V6.0.34) with >30.000 mp3´s and >50.000 Photos ... so the Scan needs EVERY time i start the nas (i shutdown every night) more than 2 Hours!!! AND thats tooooo long.

Thanks cu Ralf

Coastie
AV Hardware:Win7
WDTV

Post by Coastie » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:44 pm

agreed, keep the existing database

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Re:

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:07 am

Ralf99 wrote:
Innovonet wrote:The option to disable rescanning of database at each start would be great. The existing database should be used and presented as it is. Why should anybody steal files while my NAS is off? :wink:
Thanks.
YES !!! +1 for me

I have a Qnap and the Twonkyserver (V6.0.34) with >30.000 mp3´s and >50.000 Photos ... so the Scan needs EVERY time i start the nas (i shutdown every night) more than 2 Hours!!! AND thats tooooo long.

Thanks cu Ralf
I've forwarded this request to the people who decide what features are added to the server next. Thanks for the request.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

Markvm
AV Hardware:WD My Book Live (3TB)

Post by Markvm » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:16 am

Posted earlier (http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9827), but here my offical requests for Samsung Tv's:

- Subtitle option (pressing the tools button of my Tv's remote)
- Resume option (pressing the blue button of my Tv's remote)
- Skip the step with "all videos" and "by folder" in the nav tree
- Thumbnails automatically generated

All these features work when streaming movies from my PC with Samsung PC Share Manager, and don't work with TwonkyServer 6.0.34.

DaemonBeetle
AV Hardware:Plex Media Server, Samsung Smart TV (2009 and 2013)

Post by DaemonBeetle » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:17 am

Markvm wrote:Posted earlier (http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9827), but here my offical requests for Samsung Tv's:

All these features work when streaming movies from my PC with Samsung PC Share Manager, and don't work with TwonkyServer 6.0.34.
The second last of these can be done with a Custom Nav Tree - see the sticky at the top of this forum.

The last can be done by following the guide here.
No longer running Twonky

nice
AV Hardware:x312, le46c650

Post by nice » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:16 pm

wouldnt it be great, if twonky would be able to detect dvd and blu-ray-folder structures?
so, if a folder has a subfolder called VIDEO_TS, it should pick the first 1gb-file and play from this point, this is 99% the movie itself.
the same with BDMV and AVHCD with the difference, that it should pick then the largest file as the movie.

and in the listing, it should not list each file, only the folder-name as a "virtual" file

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:00 pm

Good request. I'm passing this on to our engineers.

- Rick

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:35 pm

wouldnt it be great, if twonky would be able to detect dvd and blu-ray-folder structures?
so, if a folder has a subfolder called VIDEO_TS, it should pick the first 1gb-file and play from this point, this is 99% the movie itself.
the same with BDMV and AVHCD with the difference, that it should pick then the largest file as the movie.
Here is what the engineer said:

We tried this - but as soon as a DVD is ripped the info is lost which file has been at which position on the DVD - and the intro files list byte positions, not names so it seems very difficult (or even impossible) to do in an always compliant way...

- Rick

Shhhh
AV Hardware:WDTV Live
Samsung C5000 LED

Post by Shhhh » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:37 pm

[quote="Markvm"]Posted earlier (http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9827), but here my offical requests for Samsung Tv's:

All these features work when streaming movies from my PC with Samsung PC Share Manager, and don't work with TwonkyServer 6.0.34.[/quote]

+1 from me on the Resume option. I presume this is quite easy to do as well.
Tips:
- store movie last position every 2-5 seconds. delete stored position when movie finished playing (served)
- sniff transfer between PC ShareManager (WiselinkPro?) and Samsung TV when starting a movie that has a resume position. The message will trigger the Resume option on the Samsung TV to be displayed
- sniff transfer between TV and PCShareManager when pressing the Resume button

Additionally as a request from my side. If subtitles are added later to the movie folder they are not displayed (e.g. the folder has been already indexed and the movie added to twonky db). Would be great if checking for subtitles is not done only upon indexing folders OR that adding a subtitle file also triggers reindexing of that directory.

nice
AV Hardware:x312, le46c650

Post by nice » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:16 pm

[quote="TMM_Product_Manager"][quote]wouldnt it be great, if twonky would be able to detect dvd and blu-ray-folder structures?
the same with BDMV and AVHCD with the difference, that it should pick then the largest file as the movie.[/quote]

Here is what the engineer said:

We tried this - but as soon as a DVD is ripped the info is lost which file has been at which position on the DVD - and the intro files list byte positions, not names so it seems very difficult (or even impossible) to do in an always compliant way...

- Rick[/quote]
of course, you wont have all features. my idea is, that you only have the option to see the main movie, which is im 99% of the cases the first file, that uses the full gigabite and any following (with a strict name scheme) till one does not fulfill the gigabyte. of course, it is not useful to display each trailer and extras, this would not be usable (or i wouldnt see a concept, a user would accept for selection of clips). might be, that you would have to work with a playlist on dvd-structures.
if you only allow to see the main movie, also handling blurays/hd-dvd´s is even easier, you just have to use the biggest file in a defined folder (STREAMS on blu-rays).

another idea could be, that you would use "special" files. so you simply say: while folder scanning, if you find a defined file (maybe called twonky.pls), handle the whole folder as given in the pls and do not add each mediafile in this folder to the "directory/index-list"
you could define the pls in a way like this (or in xml or sth. similar human editable and readable):
clip=mainmovie
clip.files=VIDEO_TS/bla1.vob;VIDEO_TS/bla1_2.vob
clip2=extras
clip2.files=VIDEO_TS/bla2.vob

in an abstraction like this, you could even define extras as usable clips (where i personally would not use them).
the user could generate those playlists with a simple script and edit their behaviour, if he doesnt like the scripted behaviour, up their own needs.

another thing, now i thought about your words with the byte-adressable thing: i personally am not talking about using whole "1-file-images", i am talking about decompressed images, that are liing on the harddrive as a normal folder structure

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:44 pm

I've passed on your suggestion. :)

- Rick

cykelsmeden
AV Hardware:WD-NAS & W7 as TWONKYserver
sony 40w5500 as primary client
Philips MCI500 as secondary client
Medion Internetradio - not working DLNA yet ;(

Re:

Post by cykelsmeden » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:28 pm

Innovonet wrote:The option to disable rescanning of database at each start would be great. The existing database should be used and presented as it is. Why should anybody steal files while my NAS is off? :wink:
Thanks.
Version: V4.2RC1 on NSLU2 unslung 6.8b
Hey, I'm not alone in the world!

In my instance rescanning takes forever, and should be neccesary only once a week at most!

//finn

jeannot_s
AV Hardware:Dlink DNS-320 tweaked by fun_plug

Post by jeannot_s » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:33 pm

Hey Twonky dev team !

I love using TMS but to me, your software would be really perfect if the server would be reachable and usable in Flash...REMOTELY.
Indeed, I mainly use TMS on the way (to show my friends my pics & videos) and the HTML interface is not suitable for this purpose :(

The local Flash interface is perfect and I'm wondering why you don't allow users to use it remotely.

Thank you in advance !

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:11 pm

The original reason we created the Flash interface was for remote access, but we found it was too hard for some people to setup. We our now planning to enable remote access through a Web portal which we will be announcing soon. The first release will NOT support remore access, but an update will.

- Rick

jeannot_s
AV Hardware:Dlink DNS-320 tweaked by fun_plug

Post by jeannot_s » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:37 pm

Cool ! Wow, what a quick reply ! Thank you.
I can't wait to test this future web portal ! I'll stay tuned on TwonkyForum :wink:

rom69
AV Hardware:PC

Post by rom69 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:09 am

Hi folks,

it would be nice to have an option to extend the display text of tracks and albums by artist, to give a better browsing experience with really dump clients.
What I mean is to display "track name - track artist" where today "track name" is displayed and "album name - album artist" where today "album name" displayed.

I'm using 6.0.37 on a Windows 7 pc.

regards
rom69

furynick
AV Hardware:Twonky server on Linux Debian Squeeze
Samsung BD-D8200

Post by furynick » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:38 pm

It would be great if videos files can show a thumbnail