Instable sharing of a folder on a removable USB-disk

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
norbi24
AV Hardware:Philips TV 40PFL7664H/12
Instable sharing of a folder on a removable USB-disk

Post by norbi24 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:03 pm

I am using Twonky server 6.0.37 on my Win 7 notebook to stream my JPEG pictures and video files to my Sony Blu-ray player S-780, and the streaming itself works perfectly fine and stable.
My JPEG files are stored in the stardard pictures folder on the local harddisk and my video files in a video folder on the USB-harddisk (WD 1.5TB), which is permanently connected to the notebook.
The harddisk is permanently mapped as the drive E\: under Windows so I have configured my video folder as E.\VIDEO in the Twonky server management page.

The only problem I have is that sometimes after the Win7 reboot I can not see any video files from the Sony client.
But if I start then the Twonky server maintenance page (http://localhost:9000/config) I see in the shared media tab, that my video folder E:\VIDEO is simply deactivated ... as I activate it again and restart the Twonky server it works perfectly fine again ... and this happens very often ...

Don't know whether this is relevant, but the auto-share removable media is deactivated and Rescan in minutes is set to -1.

Coudl anyone help me with this problem please ? Is it perhaps a known issue with removable media ?

Thanks a lot in advance, Norbert

cykelsmeden
AV Hardware:WD-NAS & W7 as TWONKYserver
sony 40w5500 as primary client
Philips MCI500 as secondary client
Medion Internetradio - not working DLNA yet ;(

Re: Instable sharing of a folder on a removable USB-disk

Post by cykelsmeden » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:03 am

norbi24 wrote:...

The harddisk is permanently mapped as the drive E\: under Windows so I have configured my video folder as E.\VIDEO in the Twonky server management page.

The only problem I have is that sometimes after the Win7 reboot I can not see any video files from the Sony client.
But if I start then the Twonky server maintenance page (http://localhost:9000/config) I see in the shared media tab, that my video folder E:\VIDEO is simply deactivated ... as I activate it again and restart the Twonky server it works perfectly fine again ... and this happens very often ...
Could anyone help me with this problem please ? Is it perhaps a known issue with removable media ?

Thanks a lot in advance, Norbert
It sounds like my problems in another (mail) app: The order services starts in windows is somewhat random, and sometimes 3'part apps are starting before internal/network structure are in place. There are 3'part organizers aviable to handle this (google "ordered bootsequence") but sometimes its possible in "services" to set "automatic delayed start", which may be sufficient.
don't know if Twonky act as a service though??
//finn

phibertron
AV Hardware:Hardware
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Post by phibertron » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:06 pm

When you install twonky MSI
there is a choice to choose custom
and one of the choices after that is to install it as a service
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10627
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497

norbi24
AV Hardware:Philips TV 40PFL7664H/12

Post by norbi24 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:40 pm

Thank you guys for your help. My Twonky server is definitely running as a service, and I have just changed the startup parameters of the TwonkyMedia service to Automatic delayed and will observe it and post the result here after a few days.

Thanks again, Norbert