B & O Beosound 5 Encore

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
ScotchBonnet
AV Hardware:Beosound 5 Enciore, QNAP 419 P+
B & O Beosound 5 Encore

Post by ScotchBonnet » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:14 am

Firstly hi everyone,

Total newb to Twonky and not much cop at Linux...

Merry Christmas!

I have a QNAP 419 P + and am trying to use it as the NAS for the Beosound 5 encore. However, the Beosound wont pick it up - likely my ignorance to how to config the qnap... The Beosound 5 is connected via ethernet, internet radio works on the beosound. It has an IP Address and so does the QNAP. The Beosound picks up my laptop as a media device on the same subnet. Also, rescanning for media storage is 'greyed' out on the Beosound. The Qnap has Twonky setup with upnp enabled. The router has upnp enabled

I dont suppose anyone could give any ideas on what the issue could be? Should I be looking to putty in to the qnap and delete .db files in order for it to be picked up for example?

Like I say any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Running 6.0.33 of Twonky. Have also tried 6.0.34....

Thanks !

SB

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: B & O Beosound 5 Encore

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:58 pm

Happy Holidays to you as well!

I don't know much about the Beosound 5. If it is designed to work with UPnP or DLNA media servers we should show up. The only thing I can think of which might prevent this is if Multicasting is disabled on your router.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

kschweichhart
AV Hardware:Mac Pro, TS 219 P II

Re: B & O Beosound 5 Encore

Post by kschweichhart » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:09 pm

I should be in the same position soon and I am very interested if you meanwhile have a solution.

Karl