Newbie question: Directory view

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
andele
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-112
Denon DNP720AE
Newbie question: Directory view

Post by andele » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Sorry for crossposting, but I found out that Twonkymanager was the wrong group.

Dear board members,

I'm rather new to this, so my question might be silly, but I did not find a solution in the board.
I'm using a QNAP TS-112 and 6.0.34 Twonky server to stream music. I would like to use the browse my music files by folder as stored on the drive, but I'm unable to show m3u playlist files in the directory structure. Another problem is that the directory is not sorted by filename, but obviously be the name tag? This brings my file structure in disorder.

Is there any possibility to show the directory structure exactly as it is on the drive?

Thanks for any help.

André

wizz
AV Hardware:PS3

Re: Newbie question: Directory view

Post by wizz » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:21 pm

Try these may help....... :)

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6459

OR

http://community.twonky.com/twonky

Briain
AV Hardware:Linn Klimax DS
Linn Majik DS-I
Linn Sneaky DS
WDTV Live Hib
Sonos 80

Re: Newbie question: Directory view

Post by Briain » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:09 pm

Hi

Twonky default is to sort folder view by tune name (alphabetically) as opposed to album sort order. This can be changed, but you have to edit the default-view XML file to change the folder container from the below:

<container name='byfolder' id='music/folders' class='object.container.storageFolder' createClass='object.item.audioItem.musicTrack'>
<container buildon='res' createClass='object.item.audioItem.musicTrack' class='object.container.storageFolder' />
</container>

By adding sortcriteria='+upnp:originalTrackNumber' as shown below:

<container name='byfolder' id='music/folders' class='object.container.storageFolder' createClass='object.item.audioItem.musicTrack'>
<container buildon='res' sortcriteria='+upnp:originalTrackNumber' createClass='object.item.audioItem.musicTrack' class='object.container.storageFolder' />
</container>

I've done this in my custom music trees and posted them here. The instructions at that link show how to replace the existing trees, but that also explains where they are (so you could modify the existing tree by using Notepad++ if that's all you wish to change). You might have to join the forum to see the pictures in my post.

Bri