Where is Twonky Server product heading?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.
Where is Twonky Server product heading?

Post by mgillespie » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm all rather confused about the large number of Twonky products, with lots of feature overlap, some pay, some free etc.

I would like to know where the "classic" Twonky Server is heading, does it have a future? I am concerned that it's the end of the road for end-user NAS builds.

If I head to the TwonkyMedia download page, it lists Linux, but once you download, you realise it's only "desktop" Linux for Intel architecture.

Can someone from Twonky let us know what future the other Twonky Server builds have?

Thanks.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Where is Twonky Server product heading?

Post by Twonky_Rick » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:46 pm

That's a good question. The "Classic" TwonkyServer still brings in a lot of money, so I expect we will continue to support it. As far as I know, we plan to continue to support all of the NAS builds as well. We just recently posted a link to 6.0.39 for all NAS builds. Let me know if you can't find the link for those.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

cykelsmeden
AV Hardware:WD-NAS & W7 as TWONKYserver
sony 40w5500 as primary client
Philips MCI500 as secondary client
Medion Internetradio - not working DLNA yet ;(

Post by cykelsmeden » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:37 pm

TMM_Product_Manager wrote: We just recently posted a link to 6.0.39 for all NAS builds. Let me know if you can't find the link for those.

- Rick
I have bought Twonky server, for windows, now running 6.0.37
In addition I have bought a Qnap NAS (ARM) including some v5.x software, having the same error as the former win- 5.x , not showing Video but point at pictureslibrary. I would like to try upgrade, but I have not the faintest clue whether it little or big endian.
I am aware there is no support on NASbuildts, but can anyone direct me which version, optionally where to start.
And, as the Twonkylicence is included on the NAS, where do I find the key?

//finn

phibertron
AV Hardware:Hardware
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Post by phibertron » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:43 pm

If the build included is one that needs a key,
then it will be located in the twonky server ini (not the twonyk server default ini)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10627
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:56 am

You might find some QNAP install tips here: http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewforum.php?f=8 or in QNAP's forum.

If you can't find a key by other means, you can buy one on Twonky.com. You can buy a key for any of our products and it will work with any server version.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/