TwonkyServer 6.0.39 is Now Available for Download!

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.
TwonkyServer 6.0.39 is Now Available for Download!

Post by Twonky_Rick » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:41 pm

TwonkyServer 6.0.39 is Now Available for All Plaforms! You can download it here:
http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/6.0.39/

Release Notes for TMS 6.0.39
-----------------------------
o adapted to latest DLNA certification test plan
o adapted to latest UPnP 2.0 certification test plan
(40+ certification related changes)

- fixed: TwonkyServer not setting CI-flag for embedded thumbnails
- fixed: Display issue of configuration UI with IE9
- fixed: In MAC, "Restart Server" prompt keeps appearing even after restarting server several times
- fixed: Cancel button behaves abnormally at Maintenance page
- fixed: "pleaselogin" should never be aggregated
- fixed: TwonkyServer stalling after system transition to sleep and/or hibernate
- fixed: Broken m3u playlist import when titles contained double quotes
- fixed: file system change notification (inotify) behavior for symbolic links
- fixed: Sorting non-latin multi-byte UTF-8 characters
- improved: Better cache control for low-resource environments
- improved: Memory usage of JPEG scaler is now constant, i.e. no longer proportional to the size of the original picture
- improved: interoperability with newer Philips TV sets
- improved: performance of file scanner when discovering a lots of duplicated content items
- added: File extension ".mpeg4" (maps to MP4)

Known Issues
- Blacklisted directories for MacOS are still accessible (var/db).
- Invalid user-password is accepted by UI.
- The Linux installer script for some Ubuntu Linux systems is broken.
- TwonkyServer does not support FF/FREW for Philips TVs
- There are problems with image resolutions higher than 3165x4747 for Samsung D-series TVs
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

phibertron
AV Hardware:Hardware
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Re: TwonkyServer 6.0.39 is Now Available for Download!

Post by phibertron » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:52 pm

Just installed this version

FYI
Not sure of anything yet, but it looks like client detection is way way off
I had 6.0.38 previously, and all was ok
After installing 6.0.39, not one of my devices is detected correctly
Will post back more, once I can figure out what is going on with this
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10627
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497

phibertron
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Post by phibertron » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 am

the client device detection seems to have worked itseld out
but I will keep an eye on it, either way
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497

phibertron
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Post by phibertron » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:08 am

The following problem I can not seem to fix
I can not get thumbnail/coverart to appear for video content
I went ahead and deleted all the cache
and did a rescan of all content, which has usually fixed this problem in the past
but not luck
the ps3 will not recognize the embeded mp4 images for video
from a client on my iphone/ipad (media link player and twonky) the images appear correctly
just not on the ps3
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497

gpdl67
AV Hardware:Nas Wd Mybook WEII - Tv Sony Bravia Kdl40nx710 - Apple Tv2 - Xbox 360 - Bd player Samsung

Post by gpdl67 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:24 am

Same problem with Sony Bravia KDL-40nx710: i connect my Tv Sony to Nas with new Twonky 6.0.39 on board; Bravia read the file list (before version 6.0.36 did not display even the .avi files list), recognize .avi file like as if they were .mpg2, but don't play them (appear "Doldy Digital" on the top of the screen, than the "play" symbol, but the screen remain black!!!).
I repeat again that my Sony Bravia by USB port play perfectly .avi file. Why not by DNLA connection?
I've understood that in the last three versions of Twonky Server has been used a trick to make sure that the Bravia recognize .avi files as if they were .mpg2, but probably the trick was not developed.
It's possible to fix this issue?
Thank you
Gpd

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:31 pm

It might be. I'll forward your comments to the guys who work on this.

Do keep in mind that most devices use different player software for local playback via USB than they do for UPnP playback over a network. :)

- Rick

steveaitch
AV Hardware:Panasonic Viera P42G20B

Post by steveaitch » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:38 pm

I've been having big problems with 6.0.39 under Windows XP.

After the initial install when it began its first rescan of the database I got several memory read errors, causing the server to quit and to restart scanning the music part of the database. I then restarted the machine and it seemed to complete the scanning okay. However, since then the server process every few hours starts using up all the available virtual memory in the system until it can apparently get no more, at which point it quits and restarts.

Possibly there's a bad MP3 that is triggering this, but I'm not sure how I would locate it. Just reverted back to 6.0.38 which seems to be working fine.

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:17 am

I agree this sounds like a corrupted media problem. If you open the server status page during scanning you may be able to see which file it's getting stuck on. Another option is to divide your library up into several different folders and only scan one folder at a time to narrow down things. There might be a better method I'm not aware of.

If you can locate the corrupted media file, it might help us to fix this problem.

- Rick

gpdl67
AV Hardware:Nas Wd Mybook WEII - Tv Sony Bravia Kdl40nx710 - Apple Tv2 - Xbox 360 - Bd player Samsung

Post by gpdl67 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:30 am

Thank you Rick, i hope that the guys can fix it. By the way: why you don't create a NAS specific version of Twonky Server for WD My book? I've a Wd My book world edition II, but i don't know exactly which version should I use. To upgrade my Nas i use Maxtor Shared Storage 2 version (it seems works well) but I'm not sure it's the right choice.
Thank you
Gpd

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:19 am

I saw this post from Parnott which may be useful to you.
See the 4th post in this thread.
http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Wor ... d-p/270450
Change the download link to 6.0.38 or more recent is 6.0.39.
The newest NAS downloads are here:
http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/6.0.39/

- Rick

gpdl67

Post by gpdl67 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:23 am

Thank you Rick, but i have no problem to upgrade Twonky Server. I have requested this feature because Twonky is the official Media Server of Wd My Book World Edition (and other WD NAS), but there is no specific version for this product to allow an easy and automatic installation like other NAS.

Thanks again

Gpd

Markvm
AV Hardware:WD My Book Live (3TB)

Post by Markvm » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:25 pm

Unfortunately I expierenced that there is still no working "resume video" option in Samsung TV C and D series with this new version 6.0.39. Everything else works fine. Why I this important feature still not working after so much requests from well paying customers?

Shhhh
AV Hardware:WDTV Live
Samsung C5000 LED

Post by Shhhh » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:22 am

Dear Rick,

It's been 6 months now since, at my request, you "entered a ticket" in regard to the resume issue.

You requested other software that have the same feature and I gave them to you. I even mentioned tips on how this could be done in an easy way by a medium experienced software developer with the right tools. This is becoming more than annoying and as I can see, not only to me, but also to other customers of you.

Nobody requests "the moon" from you but such simple features should be available in your software! Especially that it wouldn't take too long to implement. By ignoring customer requests (e.g. I saw no answer to other posts requesting this feature) this is not doing any good to you, your product or your company's image.

Please let us know exactly what is the status of "the ticket" and when are we to expect this feature!

Thank you!

macboyz
AV Hardware:Linkstation Live (ARM9)
PS3
iPhone 3gs
iMac 20 intel core duo
Powerbook G4
Hewlett Packard dc5700 Intel Core 2 1.86ghz

Re: TwonkyServer 6.0.39 thumbnails artwork on PS3 now workin

Post by macboyz » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:18 am

Dear

I have Linkstation Live NAS with 6.0.39 and have managed to get film and album art working after days of frustration. What I have found out is if you embed tags of png type (not jpg or jpeg) artwork on your mp3's and mp4 or m4v (I used the MP3tag program for this) and have the normal folder.jpg (this is the name of your artwork file) in the individual folder of your mp3s or mp4s it works. Twonky 6.0.39 does not seem to read the filetype jpeg, it must be jpg or rename your jpeg to jpg.

For avi films you must name the artwork using a jpg and as the name of the film. eg Moonraker.avi and Moonraker.jpg. If you have many parts to your film use folder.jpg in the folder as opposed to Moonraker.jpg. It may be good to change the embedded artwork in avi's to a png type but it seems Twonky does not read id3 tags of avi films.
For MP4 or M4V type films you do as per above for mp3's as Twonky seems to read these tags so its a embed png and do as per avi. Eg Buster.mp4 with Buster.jpg in same folder or folder.jpg with multipart mp4 film (after changing the id tag to png).

I hope this helps anyone who is stuck with artwork. This method works good as all media clients are now happy with artwork be it an iPhone DNLA app or iTunes on Mac or PC as they seem ok to read artwork as png. If you have 1000's of mp3 arkwork in jpg or jpeg and wish to use the above you can use AlbumArt Extracter for Rockbox to batch write folder.jpgs to all your music folders and get another program to batch convert a png in the same file. You could then use Mp3tag to delete all artwork in your mp3s but and you will have the task to find something or program to write back pngs to your mp3s located in the folder of the pngs.

AV Hardware:Sheevaplug with TwonkyMedia server

Re: TwonkyServer 6.0.39 thumbnails artwork on PS3 now workin

Post by 505 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:26 pm

macboyz wrote:For avi films you must name the artwork using a jpg and as the name of the film. eg Moonraker.avi and Moonraker.jpg. If ....
Shameless plugging of my own work, but for movies/series you could use my script, tw-video-scraper. It will retrieve the film poster/thumbnail from a serie's episode automatically. It does not use the shared media location to save the files (as in you example), but stores the images in the twonky cache folder.
Get nice thumbnails in Twonky with tw-video-scraper plugin