[TS 7.0.5] Problem with Internet Radio in playlists

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
warti
[TS 7.0.5] Problem with Internet Radio in playlists

Post by warti » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:23 pm

Hello,

I have problems with Internet Radio using Twonky Server 7.0.5 running on Debian Server.
I used the radio.m3u example which is delivered with Twonky. I can select the radio stations "from" the m3u file but the radio does not start. I tested this with all my players:
* Noxon2
* WD TV Live
* Twonky Webfrontend

If I revert to 6.0.39 everything works again. Any ideas - what I'm doing wrong?

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: [TS 7.0.5] Problem with Internet Radio in playlists

Post by Twonky_Rick » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Solution provided below. Scroll all of the way to the bottom.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

parnott
AV Hardware:Twonky, WDTV Live, XBMC (Linux & Windows)

Post by parnott » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:47 am

None of the URLs in the radio.m3u example file are still active. Just tested each one in VLC and could not connect to any of them.

Try creating a new playlist with radio URLs that you know are active.

warti

Post by warti » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:52 am

Of course I did my own playlist(s), with working radio stations. Here is an example:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,SWR1 BW
http://swr.ic.llnwd.net/stream/swr_mp3_s_swr1bwa

hal2000
AV Hardware:Sony PS3, Zyxel DMA-2500, WDTV Live HD, Terratec Noxon iRadio, Technisat Technistar S1, a few Android Tablets & Phones ;-) & Twonkyserver on a W7 Pro

Post by hal2000 » Tue May 22, 2012 4:09 pm

TMM_Product_Manager wrote:Not sure. I'm asking others to see if they have ideas.

- Rick
Hi!
Any news on this issue?
Having the exact same problem here on all of my devices, since upgrading to Twonky Server 7.0.7 Special.
Using: Noxon Audio, WD TV Live, Zyxel DMA 2500 and Twonky running on a Windows 7 machine.

All worked fine under 6.x Server

Format of my Internet Radio Paylists:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,Amnesia Radio
http://stream.estudiosonico.com:7015
#EXTINF:-1,Club lounge radio
http://85.25.144.209:8888/

...and so on
None of the entries will play on any of my devices. With Twonky 6, ALL of my entries played on ALL Devices.

The Playlists are shown under "Wiedergabelisten", you also can select a station, but won´t hear a sound...

Pls help!

greetings/hal.

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Thu May 24, 2012 5:17 pm

I've sent a message to our server experts in Berlin about this. If I get a response, I'll post it here.

- Rick

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Thu May 24, 2012 8:12 pm

Looks like the guys in Berlin are working late since I just received a response. Thanks Reinhard!

We have determined the cause of this problem. Our server wraps it to a proxy URL and adds the extension “.mp3”
We then unwrap this in the proxy forward this URL to the player
http://swr.ic.llnwd.net/stream/swr_mp3_s_swr1bwa.mp3
But this is not playable because it does not exist.

I think the solution is just to remove the extension when unwrapping. I'll let you know if they tell me which server update contains this fix.

BTW: without a proxy it is working (for players which are able to resolve hostnames by themself), because here we do not add the .mp3 extension.

Thanks again for reporting this.

- Rick

hal2000
AV Hardware:Sony PS3, Zyxel DMA-2500, WDTV Live HD, Terratec Noxon iRadio, Technisat Technistar S1, a few Android Tablets & Phones ;-) & Twonkyserver on a W7 Pro

Post by hal2000 » Fri May 25, 2012 6:00 am

Hi Rick!

Thanks to you and Reinhard for taking on with this Problem. Please keep us informed, when this issue is cleared...
It´s summertime and the Noxon Audio should be on his place in the garden besides the grill, playing our favorite webstreams... :-)
Besides this, i love your Server, everything else is working perfect for me.

Thank you!
regards/hal
lg/hal

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed May 30, 2012 9:17 pm

Thanks for the kind words.

Here's some more info which might serve as a workaround on this issue for you.

We just tested again with TS 7.0.5 on Linux and found radio stations do work when the Twonkyproxy is running. We're not sure why, but Twonkystarter starts only Twonkyserver – after starting twonkyproxy manually everything is fine.

With TS 6.0.39, the proxy was part of the server, but in 7.0 it is a separate process and is not automatically started with twonkystarter.

- Rick

Once again, thanks to Reinhard for looking into this.

hal2000

Post by hal2000 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:15 am

Hello Rick!

This was a hot hint ;-) just tried it for myself:
First i looked into services and Taskmanager on my WINDOWS 7 machine (not Linux), in both the twonkyproxy was already running, so it must have been startet by twonkystarter in my case?
Tested Webradio an my Noxon, still no sound...
a little bit confused, i double clicked the twonkyproxy.exe in the install dir and the following happened:
a windows firewall popup appeared, asking, if i want to allow twonkyproxy.exe to access private network blablabla
choose "yes"
then a cmd line window with nothing in it appeared, at this point i tried again to play webradio on the Noxon AND IT WORKED.
Then i closed this cmd line window, webradio still worked...
After that i rebooted the machine and webradio still works :-) even without starting twonkyproxy.exe manually again.
Maybe there´s just the windows firewall rule missing after installation?
For me, this problem is solved now, after one time clicking twonkyproxy.exe in the install dir and allowing it to pass the firewall.
Just checked the windows firewall again:
i have a rule there now to let C:\program files\twonky\twonkyserver\twonkyproxy.exe access the private network, not the public one.
And after three reboots of the machine in the meanwhile, webradio from my playlists still works flawless on the Noxon.

Maybe this helps the other guys here also...

Thank you again!
lg/hal

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:33 am

I'm very pleased to hear that you've addressed this issue -- even though you mostly did it on your own. :wink:

Thanks for sharing your new findings. I'm sure others will benefit from them.

We're looking into making installer changes on this.

- Rick

wab66art

Post by wab66art » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:13 am

Well here we are, Version 7.0.9 and the problem still isn't fixed. Twonky is great when it works. However, I just upgraded to this new release and I am always nervous and once again, a mess.

I had this one also and the same fix worked--go find twonkyserver.exe and turn it on, Allow Access through Window 7 Firewall and my carefully collected bunch of m3u playlists all appear once more on my DSM-320 Media Lounge Player.

Please, somebody set up some quality control in Development to exercise the new releases. It is really unreal that you separated the server from the old Version 6 package and nobody looked into this.

I won't hijack this thread but once again had all kinds of problems trying to get to My Settings web page because Twonky created a password I didn't even know about and had to go into the .ini file and edit it out.
wab66art