Can Twonky Server allow to pause songs played on a receiver?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Ravenik
AV Hardware:Twonkey Server @ Qnap TS-112
Onkyo TX-NR717 receiver
Can Twonky Server allow to pause songs played on a receiver?

Post by Ravenik » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:36 pm

Twonky Server 6.0.38 on Qnap TS-112 NAS. Firmware up to date.
I play flac files on Onkyo TX-NR717 home theater receiver through DLNA from Twonky Server. I can't "pause" - receiver says: "operation disabled". However when I just tried to play the same flac from PS3 Media Server running on Windows, then the receiver was able to pause music (and also fast forward/rewind - but 'pause' will be enough).
Is it possible to allow Twonky Server to pause by editing some configuration files on QNAP NAS? I have ssh access and file transfer access to this NAS.

Ravenik
Onkyo TX-NR717 receiver

Re: Can Twonky Server allow to pause songs played on a recei

Post by Ravenik » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:21 pm

I carried out further experiments and it turns out that .MP3 files can be paused! Only .FLAC files can't be paused. Unfortunately I convert my physical CDs to FLAC.
Also it is interesting that under the same profile "Generic Media Receiver" Xtreamer Prodigy which I have, can pause FLAC from this Twonky Server.

phibertron
AV Hardware:Hardware
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Post by phibertron » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:17 pm

are the flac files being transcoded for that client when played?
as there are a lot of scenarios in which youll see the prohibited operation
when the streamed file is being transcoded for a client

if you play a file that is transcoded, listen to the whole file
then go back to it and play it again, the second run should be coming from the cached file
which is already transcoded
does it happen on the second play?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10627
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497

Ravenik
Onkyo TX-NR717 receiver

Post by Ravenik » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:07 pm

Thank for the reply! The flac files are not transcoded as the receiver claims the file played is flac 16bit/44.1kHz and also on the NAS the option to transcode to MP3 is grayed and not possible to turn it on. Nevertheless I have just played one flac file twice and on the second run the Onkyo also says Operation disabled when I press the pause on the remote. Also I upgraded firmware for NAS and Twonky Server is now 6.0.39 but no improvement as regards pausing flac files on Onkyo. Unfortunately there is no "more recent" version of Twonky for my NAS.

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:07 pm

I've forwarded your e-mail to our developers to find out if this is a client issue or a server issue. I'm pretty sure other players can do this.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/