Issues with trying to evaluate Twonky...

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
VinBob
AV Hardware:WDTV Live Streamer (Gen3)
Issues with trying to evaluate Twonky...

Post by VinBob » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:46 pm

Hello,
Trying to evaluate Twonky Server on my Mac and am being told that my trial has expired but I have never used/registered before. Can someone please help with being able to use the tool as I would like to see how well it works with ny WDTV Live unit.
Thanks,
Vin.

phibertron
AV Hardware:Hardware
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Re: Issues with trying to evaluate Twonky...

Post by phibertron » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:40 am

I would post this on the community site, which is also tech support
but you may also want to contact them on this
this issue does crop up from time to time
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10627
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497

VinBob
AV Hardware:WDTV Live Streamer (Gen3)

Post by VinBob » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:05 pm

Can you please advise on where I can get to the community site? Anyone have any help/suggestions on how to make this work as I want to evaluate to see if it works well with my WDTV Live streamer. Thanks.

Also, does anyone know whether streaming from a UPnP/DLNA media server provides metadata information such movie details as well as the JPEG movie pictures when browsing? I know this works when dealing with SMB shares from the WDTV Live but not when using a Media Player. Thanks.

Cheers,
Vincenzo.

phibertron
AV Hardware:Hardware
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Post by phibertron » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:00 pm

at the top right of this page there is a link

http://community.twonky.com/twonky
Dear Twonky user,

In our on-going efforts to improve your experience with Twonky products, we are pleased to announce the launch of a new support community as a supplement to the Twonky Forum. The existing forum will continue to be available to you as a user-driven discussion space, while the new community will serve as a social knowledge base and our official channel for product support and feedback. For more information on this service, please read our expanded forum posting on this topic.

Thanks,
The Twonky Team
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10627
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:11 pm

VinBob wrote:Hello,
Trying to evaluate Twonky Server on my Mac and am being told that my trial has expired but I have never used/registered before. Can someone please help with being able to use the tool as I would like to see how well it works with ny WDTV Live unit.
Thanks,
Vin.
Our current licensing system is not perfect. Occasionally it reports that a trail has expired when the user says they haven't run a trail before. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this. The only option I can think of is to buy a license key and ask for a refund if you don't like it. Sorry I don't have a better solution.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/