Server Settings for Iomega PX6-300d

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
TekLord
AV Hardware:IOMEGA px6-300d
Server Settings for Iomega PX6-300d

Post by TekLord » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:38 pm

I have an Iomega PX6-300D. It works great. And, the media servics work great as well.

I used the web browser to connect to the Twonky Server on the Iomega. I was trying to clean up the database and I clicked on "Reset to defaults". This has caused some problems.

1. The Twonky Server port defaulted to 9000 (instead of the 50599 that appears to be hard coded into the Iomega.) I was able to change this port setting back to 5099 by using the following command http://...../rpc/set_option?httpport=50599.

2. The Sharing configuration has changed. Before, the "Content Locations:" was (I think) "\links". Now, I don't know what it should be. I have found that if I browse the "/nfs" folder I can see all of my top level shares that were created from within the Iomega manager. And, the Twonky scanner will find my media.

But, and here is where I need help... I would like the configuration to be the way it was initially. The "media sharing" control was defined by a checkbox property for each shared folder in the Iomega manager. I would like to only use the Iomega manager to control the media sharing for each of my shared folders.

Here is my current Twonky configuration data..

friendlyname=%HOSTNAME% ip= nicrestart=1 v=0 platform=emc_centerpoint050_x86_64_oem httpport=50599 ininame=twonkyvision-mediaserver.ini inipath=/mnt/system/media/twonky read_only=0 ssdpttl=4 appdata=/mnt/system/media/twonky clearclientsonrestart=0 disablelocalssdp=1 disablebyebyeatstartup=0 enabletls=1 nmcmode=1 vlevel=4 stack_size=196608 language=en accessuser= accesspwd= autotree=3 cachedir=/mnt/system/media/twonky/db/cache cachemaxsize= cdkey= clientautoenable=1 codepage=932 compilationsdir=Compilations,Sampler contentbase=/ contentdir=+v|/nfs/Music dbdir=/mnt/system/media/twonky/db dyndns= enableweb=2 followlinks=1 httpremoteport= ignoredir=AppleDouble,AppleDB,AppleDesktop,TemporaryItems ituneslib= scantime=-1 startupmb=1 streambuffer=16384 uploadenabled=1 servermanagedmusicdir=/twonkymedia/music/TwonkyMedia servermanagedpicturedir=/twonkymedia/pictures/TwonkyMedia servermanagedvideodir=/twonkymedia/videos/TwonkyMedia onlinedir=/mnt/system/media/twonky/twonkymedia-server-online-data webnodes=MPV webpicturenum=0 mediastatisticsenabled=0 mediastatisticsdir=/mnt/system/media/twonky/media-statistics/ defaultview=advanceddefault bgtrans=JPEG=0,MP3=0,MPEG2=0,WMV=0,MPEG4=0,Flash=0 rmdrives= rmhomedrive=/mnt/system/media/twonky/db rmautoshare=0 maxitems=0 suppressmenu=mediafeeds,transcoding,divAutoShare aggregation=0 aggmode=0 secure_folder_path= autoupdateinstall=0 remoteaccess=0 remoteaccessflash=0 maxscantimeperfile=30 dtcpsessionlimit=8 dtcpsessioncount= uploaddestinationfriendlyname=UploadDestination uploadrestrictedprofiles= disablefrontends= upnpuploadlimit=0 disablesleepmode=0 uploadmaxfilesize=0,0,0 httpsessionlimit= clearcacheonrestart= disablemediafusion= scalermaxpixels= hdrlnextreadyvalue=180 enablenonkeyframetstgen=0 importdir= telnetport= telnetip= version=6.0.34 enable_reget=0 event_poll_interval=5 map_seekpct=auto no_persist_conn=0 revalidate_time=15 msearch_start_interval=3 msearch_interval=0 msearch_quick=1 dmr_state_poll_interval=5 max_supported_server=30 max_supported_renderer=30 max_supported_ruis=30

Please tell me how to restore my original settings.

phibertron
AV Hardware:Hardware
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Re: Server Settings for Iomega PX6-300d

Post by phibertron » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:30 am

I was at first going to suggest the reset command

http://<server_ip_address>:9000/rpc/reset

but after re-reading you post
I think that you want the original condition that was what was there out of the box?

It "might" be possible to get that back with a re-install of the device firmware, possibly
Its hard to say, as each nas device, and version of firmware does different things
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10627
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497

TekLord

Post by TekLord » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:17 pm

Thanks for the speedy response. You are correct in you assumption. I just want to restore the Twonky configuration to what it was when the Iomega unit was new. I would really prefer not to restore factory defaults to the Iomega because that will delete the disks, users, groups, etc.

I suspect that the Iomega configuration utility writes an xml file (just a guess) that the Twonky server uses. I suspect that this file is being written but that the Twonky server is now using a different (default) configuration file.

I currently have the Twonky server working. I have added three folders that contain my media (Pictures, Music, Videos) to the shared content configuration in the Twonky server. The media server can be seen by all remote players and the media is present.

If I turn off the Media Player setting in the Iomega configuration utility the Twonky server turns off.
I would just like to get the "media player" checkbox working for each shared folder in the Iomega configuration manager to work properly as it is much easier to access than the Twonky web-based configuration. (I normally don't open the port used for the Twonky media server.)

Thanks again.

phibertron
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Post by phibertron » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:48 pm

It sounds like the iomega gui "might" be doing an rpc call to change the shares
If possible, see if you can look at the html that is the iomega web interface
and see if you can glean anything from it that pertains to what it is doing in that regard

it "might" also be possible to see if the twonkyserver-default.ini
has the original settings
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497

TekLord

Post by TekLord » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:23 pm

[quote="phibertron"]It sounds like the iomega gui "might" be doing an rpc call to change the shares
If possible, see if you can look at the html that is the iomega web interface
and see if you can glean anything from it that pertains to what it is doing in that regard

it "might" also be possible to see if the twonkyserver-default.ini
has the original settings[/quote]

I was thinking that the iomega might be making RPC calls as well. However, when I make changes to the iomega configuration settings it has no impact on the Twonky configuration. (when I do the rpc getall.)

I am not a Linux person. (I assume the iomega is running Linux.) I need to be able to see and edit the twonky configuration files. I have done something to this effect years ago (some type of program was required to log in at the "root"). I am a software developer but just not familiar with Linux. If there is a link anywhere that could tell me in step-by-step terms how to view and edit these files I would appreciate it.

phibertron
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Post by phibertron » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:50 pm

I think that this document should go a long way in helping
it is for the iOmega iConnect, but hope there is some similarity between the devices

http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... ega#p41088
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497