My PS3 cannot detect WD MBL

Discuss Twonky and PS3 here
Seballe
AV Hardware:WD My Book Live and PS3
My PS3 cannot detect WD MBL

Post by Seballe » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi,

Firstly i would like to say that i have searched thoroughly here and on the web and cannot find any solution to my problem.

As the subject says, my PS3 wont detect my MBL the 1TB model. As of now, i have connected both my Girlfriends computer and my own plus our mobile devices Ipad, HTC Desire, Ipod etc. and they all work fine! But when i try to search for a media server on my PS3 nothing shows up. In the manual it says that MBL is pre-setup to run on the first try on any PS3.

I think that it has somthing to do with the twonky mediaserver thing, but im not quite sure. We are useing a Netgear router, i have updated the firmwares fully, tryed rebooting, shutdown etc, but nothing is helping. I have been fighting all day trying to get the PS3 to show my newly bought WD My Book Live.

Could anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

-Seb

j4940
AV Hardware:Western Digital My Book Live, PS3, Box Office Media player.

Re: My PS3 cannot detect WD MBL

Post by j4940 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:04 pm

I've been having the same problem for months. Hopefully either Twonky or WD get this sorted out and fixed! I might just have to go out and buy a different hard drive server.

MacheteKowalski
AV Hardware:LG 60" TV

Post by MacheteKowalski » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:16 pm

Hello, new here and with the same problem.
I would like to put more details on this: my PS3 at first was able to see and connect to my WD MBL 1Tb.
However, since some months, it only shows the [MyBookLive] TwonkyMedia icon and cannot find any file in it.
I don't know if this depends on some last PS3 firmware updates or any trouble related to the MBL, but I think that I tried almost everything: plug/unplug the MBL and the PS3 from the ethernet cable, restored PS3 settings and so on..
Does anyone have an idea on what could be the solution?
Thanks!

phibertron
AV Hardware:Hardware
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Post by phibertron » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:24 am

have any of you turned on the enable media server setting on the ps3
if it is not turned on (enabled) then what you are describing sounds about right
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10627
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497