Twonky Server 8.2 released

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
twonky-christian
Lynx Technology Staff
AV Hardware:PC
Twonky Server 8.2 released

Post by twonky-christian » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:15 pm

Hi,

we have released Twonky Server 8.2: http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/

Release notes: https://docs.twonky.com/display/TRN/Twonky+Server+8.2.0

thanks
Christian

thatcher1337
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-119p ii

Re: Twonky Server 8.2 released

Post by thatcher1337 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:37 pm

Hello, dont know if this is the right place where you report problems one are having.

I have a QNAP TS-119 p-ii and i have recently upgraded the firmware along with Twonky 8.2 (which is the only version available i guess?). I use the QNAP as my NAS/upnp server and the client is a PS3, using the program Showtime(now called Movian) .It used to work flawlessly with external subtitles.

Now Twonky does not seem to parse external subtitles via upnp anymore. I am talking about external .srt subtitle files. The old version of twonky along with the corresponding firmware, had no problem parsing .srt files along with video through upnp. So i am wondering if anyone knows how to fix this?

rodrigopl
AV Hardware:QNAP 269

Re: Twonky Server 8.2 released

Post by rodrigopl » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:17 pm

Hello All
I use Qnap TS-269L with last firmware and Twonky update 8.2 recently updated.
With a Panasonic Viera 5TL 2014 I always used Twonky to watch videos by DLNA (no want to change the mode to watch it)

The problem is about the SOUND, now all videos with DTS surround is in MUTE. All other videos with other codecs etc etc there is no issue.
Using QNAP media server DLNA the sound shows ok for the same movie.

The Issues start to happen in this release. Could Anyone help me to understand why ?

Thanks in advance